Author Topic: Help with this native american indian(african?) rug/blanket/tapestry  (Read 9428 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help with this native american indian(african?) rug/blanket/tapestry
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:07 pm »
We are kind of running out of options here !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »
mountains out of molehills if you ask me.....and to think you guys sent a man to the moon....but you can,t decide on how to wash a piece of material....the mind boggles.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

capn

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 05:49:42 pm »
mountains out of molehills if you ask me.....and to think you guys sent a man to the moon....but you can,t decide on how to wash a piece of material....the mind boggles.... ;D

I didn't know if it had value (still don't) so I didn't just want to throw a large piece of wool in the water if it was worth something.

I basically just wanted to find out if it was possible to find out what group of people made it...wasn't trying to make the whole thing about cleaning the rug (wasn't even in my original question)  ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xafrican+rug+tapestry.TRS0&_nkw=african+rug+tapestry&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Do you see any bids here ???  An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay !!   How many people were bidding on it at the auction you bought it at ??

capn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xafrican+rug+tapestry.TRS0&_nkw=african+rug+tapestry&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Do you see any bids here ???  An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay !!   How many people were bidding on it at the auction you bought it at ??

None of those are similar.
But I get the point.

Was just asking here to see if anyone had any real information on it.

thanks guys

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:00 pm »
Sorry !!  Wish there were better news but value wise,, not much !!  I have many items here that are not worth anything to speak of !! Point is that I like them regardless of monetary value !! Now isn`t that why you bought it ?? Because you liked it ??  It isn`t all about money you know !!

capn

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »
Sorry !!  Wish there were better news but value wise,, not much !!  I have many items here that are not worth anything to speak of !! Point is that I like them regardless of monetary value !! Now isn`t that why you bought it ?? Because you liked it ??  It isn`t all about money you know !!

I agree.
And I don't care about the monetary value at all. I bought it because I like it.
The only reason I cared about the value was I didn't want to accidentally ruin it by cleaning it if it was worth a lot

Thanks Mart  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »
You know you can take it to your local dry cleaner and ask them what its made of ?? Its their business to know this stuff !! Once you know the material, you can make a better assessment of what to clean it with !!  Doesn`t cost anything to ask ??   Just tell them the truth, that you haven`t made your mind up about cleaning it yet !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »
I've had items too big/heavy to wash...and not necessarily machine washable.  I put them over my patio table and poured the Woolite through them at the stain...caught the liquid underneath and repeated a few times.  Did with cold water first.  If that didn't do the trick.  Did next time with hot water.   Have fun blasting it with the hose some! :)
(Note the table I use is like this one!)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 02:28:50 am »
I've had items too big/heavy to wash...and not necessarily machine washable.  I put them over my patio table and poured the Woolite through them at the stain...caught the liquid underneath and repeated a few times.  Did with cold water first.  If that didn't do the trick.  Did next time with hot water.   Have fun blasting it with the hose some! :)
(Note the table I use is like this one!)

don,t mention...blasting with hot water.....they,ll have kittens... ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:38 am »

I didn't know if it had value (still don't) so I didn't just want to throw a large piece of wool in the water if it was worth something.

I basically just wanted to find out if it was possible to find out what group of people made it...wasn't trying to make the whole thing about cleaning the rug (wasn't even in my original question)  ;)
was it not....well,did  i just imagine seeing this in your first post......."PS. Is this worth spending the money to get professionally cleaned"...strikes me...this has become a farce....a bit like these guys....

capn

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:43 am »

was it not....well,did  i just imagine seeing this in your first post......."PS. Is this worth spending the money to get professionally cleaned"...strikes me...this has become a farce....a bit like these guys....

That was the last thing in a long post and it wasn't me asking how to clean it at al...it was me asking if it was worth enough money to have it professionally cleaned...obviously not what I was intending to focus on in the main question

If this is a farce to you no one is forcing you to respond to the question...

I understand that it's nearly impossible to tell where this is from specifically which was my main intent of asking the question, so I guess this case is rested!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 01:54:19 pm »
not before time!!......btw....i must assume you were last in the queue....when humour was being dished out.....don,t take it too seriously.......i don,t..... ;)