Author Topic: Would You Know What This Would Be Called?  (Read 1592 times)

valhom

• View Profile
Would You Know What This Would Be Called?
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:03:44 pm »
Heya. Does any of you know what this thing is exactly? What's it called? Thank you. :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Know What This Would Be Called?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:59 pm »
This looks like macramé.  Can't tell from your pictures, but it could be just a hanging piece.  They were common as well as macramé hangers.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:14:17 pm »
They were common for hanging plants.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 03:22:05 am »
thats exactly what it is a plant pot holder that is hung from the ceiling....here is a smaller version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macrame-Plant-Hanger-20-Kelly-Chip-Hanging-Basket-Pot-Holder-/121140049612?pt=UK_Home_HomeDecor_RoomAccents&hash=item1c348276cc
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:38:16 am »
Yup macramé plant hanger I used to make lots of them  we made pocketbooks also with the same technique!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:46:54 am »
Yep, I used to sell them in a plant store that I managed in another life in the early 70s. My Ex-wife used to make them and  baked flower pots that looked like pie crust. That's when we had a beaded doorway and an orange fondue pot for the munchies. You guys just flipped me out man. Oh wow, far out! That was really heavy.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:21:53 pm »
frogpatch, we had the avocado green fondu pot!!!  LOLOL  My mom would try and serve the whole family a meal with the little denatured alcohol burner...we would be starving and the oil would never get hot enough to cook the chunks of meat she would have for us (she obviously didn't know it had to be thin strips!) on the little one we had!  We would get fussed out to not splash the oil and share the pot...take turns cooking...LLOL  Not a good thing for a small spot and large family with young kids!  It ended up being so stressful.  But, she felt "modern" with it and dad said we had to humor her.  If not, we were in lotsa' trouble!  :)

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!