Author Topic: art Deco what????  (Read 8634 times)

Ipcress

Re: art Deco what????
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 05:05:31 pm »
Maybe someone could contact the seller of the catalogue i linked to on the first page - it includes a work by William P Bohn. Would be interesting to see the style and subject matter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310575566103

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 06:05:44 pm »
I couldn`t find his name in that jumble !!

Ipcress

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 06:08:21 pm »
press ctrl and f simultaneously. A ' find ' or ' search ' box will pop up. Type in Bohn and press enter.

todson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:14 pm »
I am sorry that I do not have any artist history.  I was told that he was an accomplished artist.  Attached is a picture of William P. Bohn and what I believe to be one of his pieces.  Thanks Tod

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 08:25:27 pm »
press ctrl and f simultaneously. A ' find ' or ' search ' box will pop up. Type in Bohn and press enter.

Tried Bohn and his full name,,,said no matches found !!  I also have searched everywhere I can think of and have never found one piece of art of any kind this person did !!
 Wonder why the family has none of his work ??   The trivet was possibly owned by him at some point and that's why his name is on it !! I do not think he had anything to do with the glass set other than owning it !!  If he had there would be some record of his accomplishments somewhere and sadly I found none !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »
I think the artist was from Iowa.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Ipcress

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 04:01:10 am »

Tried Bohn and his full name,,,said no matches found !!  I also have searched everywhere I can think of and have never found one piece of art of any kind this person did !!
 Wonder why the family has none of his work ??   The trivet was possibly owned by him at some point and that's why his name is on it !! I do not think he had anything to do with the glass set other than owning it !!  If he had there would be some record of his accomplishments somewhere and sadly I found none !!

7th line up from the base of the largest section of text. William P. Bohn is how it's been typed.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 07:12:17 am »
I sent a question to the person listing the book and asked if he could tell us the place where the one in the book was born and his age at death.  We will see if its the same one !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:01 pm »
The ebay seller on Ipcress link will not help at all !!

todson

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 08:26:36 am »
Thanks for everyones help.  As I stated previously, I stumbled upon this site while looking for genealogical information on William P. Bohn.  I became interested in this query because I thought I had a piece of William's artwork.  I've concluded now that he probably was just the owner.  In a previous post on this thread it was stated:

"There was also a William P Bohn studying as a senior at the Carnegie Mellon College Of Fine Arts in 1925. He was from Avalon PA."

The William P. Bohn that I'm interested in appears on the 1920 census in Avalon, PA.  I will make the assumption that this is the same William P. Bohn that I'm researching.  Family folklore indicates William P. Bohn was an accomplished artist?  Does he have any pieces of his works out there?  The photograph of William I posted previously includes a sculpture that I'll have to assume was his work?  The 1930 census has William's occupation as "artist - tombstone".  Well the jury will have to remain out if William was the creator of this trivet? For now it will have to be speculation.  Maybe this thread will bring out some info.  Thanks again.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 02:08:11 pm »
I ran into another bit of info yesterday,, A William P. Bohn was mentioned in the papers of a Clarence Joseph Bulliet (1888-1959) !! They are in the archives at the Smithsonian, box 7 folder 8 of the Bulliet  papers!! Evidently this Bulliet was big into the arts !!  Might have the info online but I didn`t go through it all !!
I couldn`t see what the sculpture was,,looked like an old fashion artist easel to me !!  You are talking about the tripod item aren`t you ??

todson

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »
Bust of a dog.  I am assuming the one he is with?  Thanks.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »
CJ Bulliet papers, circa 1888-1959 - Archives of American Art ...

www.aaa.si.edu › Research Collections › B › CJ Bulliet papersThe records contain extensive information about art and artists in Chicago and the Midwest from the early to ...... 7, 8, Bohn, William P., circa 1888-1959.
Found this in google search.

" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."