Author Topic: Help Identify old Dagger Experts Advice needed  (Read 1153 times)

malik

• View Profile
Help Identify old Dagger Experts Advice needed
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:26:03 pm »

Help me identify this old dagger. Any help identifying its origin, age and worth will be much appreciated. Thanks

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Help Identify old Dagger Experts Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »
this is not a dagger....daggers have a point..they do not have a cutting edge....this looks to be of Arabic origin
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

malik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:52:23 pm »
this is not a dagger....daggers have a point..they do not have a cutting edge....this looks to be of Arabic origin

It has been kept in a case always thats why its in excellent condition and the leather case is not part of it i had it made on my own.

The red and blue appear to be some sort of stones, not sure what kind of stones.
Someone told me that the engraving on the dagger belongs to an old tribe which does not exist anymore.

How much do you think its worth?

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »
Just a few comments/shots-in-the-dark ....

Your item appears to have a nickle-plated finish on its' handle , perhaps over brass .
Engravings appear to be rather primitive/semi-skilled too .
The main blade seems to have been hand-made , but shows little wear/signs of much sharpening .

My first & current impression is that it was made for the 'tourist trade' , perhaps middle-eastern/northern African origin .

The stones may or may not be rhinestones ... perhaps a trip to a friendly local jeweler might answer that one , malik .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "