Author Topic: Antique Mechanical Banks  (Read 1114 times)

mel0129

• View Profile
Antique Mechanical Banks
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:09 am »
My dad has spent years looking for an antique mechanical bank he saw as a child.  I have tried myself to find any information of the bank he describes to give me a starting point for my search.  I am not coming up with anything.  He believes the bank may have dated late 1800's to early 1900's.  There is a hunter and a deer and when you insert the coins the deer falls into the bank.  I have found several variations of this with bears, squirrels, etc. but cannot seem to find anything like he describes.  I would be greatful for even the smallest of leads someone might have.   ???

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Antique Mechanical Banks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:27:07 am »
You could try dropping an email to these folks...
http://mechanicalbanksonline.com/
Good luck in helping your Dad.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:35:22 am »
I love mechanical banks.

I have seen the hunter/squirrel,  hunter/bear "Creedmoor" and I have even seen the British ones "Tommy" which are soldiers firing at a stump, etc...but I haven't seen a deer.  William Tell shooting an apple,

Was it one that the "animal" was in a tree stump...because all I have seen are squirrel and bear.

Rauville, you hit post before me and I forgot to put that link. Glad you did. (Modified this post!)

Is he sure it was a deer?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:36:55 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:38:44 pm »
http://www.mechanicalbanks.org/auction_$/auction_$.htm

Just went through this list and there is nothing like you describe !! I wonder also if he as a child may have been mistaken on what animal it was !!   This is a pretty comprehensive list of major sales since 1994, and there is nothing like yours !!  It also gives auction prices and these can be expensive !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:44:56 pm »
Have him describe the other parts of the piece and the mechanical action that occurred.  That can help figure it out as well!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!