Author Topic: Advice / Info on Roll-Way Toolbox & Workbench  (Read 944 times)

patrict

• View Profile
Advice / Info on Roll-Way Toolbox & Workbench
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:40:42 pm »
Hi all,

I am hoping to find out if this lovely old portable toolbox and workbench has any real value. I have found the item advertised in the Milwaulkee Journal of 22 November 1984, so have an idea of its age. I have included a few photos for reference. Im not sure how antiques are judged on condition, but other than some paintwork damage the item is in great condition and mechanically sound.

Its taking up space so I'd like to pass it on, but would like to confirm its value before just giving it away  :P

Have a good one!
Patric

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Advice / Info on Roll-Way Toolbox & Workbench
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »
The $59.99...in 84 says it all....its not an antique...its not even vintage....value... over here would be around £30...thats around $45/50..to you..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:31 pm »
Like Bigwull said it isn`t antique or Vintage but ,, it would be a perfect thing for the home crafter or workshop !! Especially where space was at a premium such as apartments !! There are many people who craft and sell from home and this would be great for them !! I think $50. to $75. is possible !! Would cost that much to make one similar !! You could even set your laptop on it !!

patrict

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:02:28 pm »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback :) As I said in my post in the introduction thread, I don't know the first think about antiques, or what makes something antique or vintage :P

Regards,
Patric

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:48:08 pm »
Most consider 100 years old antique and 50 to 75 years old as vintage !! But you will see many things called antique or vintage that are not !!  If I am not sure,, I just put "old" !!  That covers it !!