Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!!! Vintage Airsoft Pellet Guns  (Read 4800 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Vintage Airsoft Pellet Guns
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »
And if someone broke into your house intent on doing harm,,,what would you do !! 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:25 pm »
And if someone broke into your house intent on doing harm,,,what would you do !! 
well,for a start  i would,nt be shooting him/her..because i don,t have a gun...and even if they were legal..i still would,nt have one.....as for ..what would i do.....well, over here...when people break into houses..its usually to steal..your goods...and...being violent rarely comes into it.....over the past 20 years there has been less than 5%..of violent burglaries in the UK....but if it were ever to happen to me...i can,t say..what i,d do...but i do sleep easier at night knowing...that guns are illegal here...and gun related crimes..on private individuals..are few and far between.....unlike where you are...or in Florida..where ordinary citizens  have the right to shoot someone..if they feel threatened by a dirty look.......Now that...is Scary.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 05:16:09 pm »
Well,, not by a dirty look but in the last few months several home invasions have been on the news where people were hurt and some older persons killed !!  Not here but nationwide !!  Most were searching for drugs !!
And then,, there have been several where a gun stopped it !! One in particular was an 80+ year old woman who held the person till the police got there !! In fact she made him call the police and tell them what he was doing and that he was being held by his victim !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »
all i can say is....i,m just glad i stay on this side of the pond...this area we have moved to is one of the safest area,s that i have ever known...we do have a  neighbourhood watch...but  they don,t shoot unarmed people on sight.....unlike whats been splattered all over the news here...about what went on in Florida...we have great neighbours..who look out for us..and us them....and i know some who rarely lock there front door,....and i,m one of them now and again....maybe i,m becoming senile..... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 08:36:48 pm »
Actually that's the way it is here !!  I don`t even take the keys out of my car at night !! I do lock the house if we both are out but daytime,,never !!  We have a garage/shop with equipment of every kind as well as tractors, a four wheeler, vintage Honda scooter,,welder,, woodworking tools ,, you name it and it is probably in there and we don`t lock it !! Everyone here watches out for each other !!  Its not the people here that we would worry about,, !!  Most exciting thing that has happened lately was when the neighbors cows  were sticking their heads through the fence and ate half a row of my corn !! But my Vet that lives down the road stopped to tell me about it !!  Its very quiet !! And that's the way we try to keep it for everyone !!  Its not like large towns where you never know your neighbors !!  We know most everyone here in this area !! Its just a small country community !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 02:31:06 am »
now that Mart..sounds like my idea of a heaven on earth.....apart from...the guns....we have 21 houses in our little cul-de-sac...and we, as you know only moved in at the end of January...and since then..we have met and got to know..8  of these residents...and are on first name terms with all of them....we get a "good morning"..and so on...and..Bob in number 7...grows strawberries..and he handed some in.to us...and..Chris across the road vis a Master butcher....and he need a little job done...i did it..for him...nothing much..half an hour,s worth....got enough sirloins to last a week....great....