Author Topic: about as low as you can get  (Read 3075 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
about as low as you can get
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »

got this book today at a car boot sale,..its in pristine condition...publish ed in 2007...cost then £30..or $45 give or take a few cents...cost today...£1..or $1.50
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
Re: about as low as you can get
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:27:02 pm »
Doesn`t float my boat but,,, cheap !!!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:36:13 pm »
I think the author and the subject of the book probably shared the same phrase: "I am not a crook." :P

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »
Old tricky Dick ...
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:39:46 pm »
Doesn`t float my boat but,,, cheap !!!
..only bought it cos one of thellegs fell off our bed and this was cheaper than buying a new bit.... ;D

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »
I think having a combination of Nixon and Conrad Black hiding under my bed would lead to a lot of sleepless nights!  :-\

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »
I think having a combination of Nixon and Conrad Black hiding under my bed would lead to a lot of sleepless nights!  :-\
could,ve been worse .....could,ve been GW Bush....and Tony Blair....they,ve given a lot of American and British people sleepless nights.....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:34:59 pm »
Just saw them all at the Smithsonian yesterday...at the American History Museum.

Let me tell you the "First Ladies" of the US formal gowns exhibit was amazing...as well were the china for all the administrations. It was very interesting to see all the patterns picked and how until the past few administrations, that china wasn't made in the USA on most of them but in France, Germany, Russia, etc.   Very interesting!

One of my favorite thing this week was getting to see the Fife and Drum Brigade playing on the Bowling Green in front of Mount Vernon (George Washington's home) in 102 degree heat!!!!  The actual serving pieces on display (china, glass, silver, etc) were amazing. 

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »
Just saw them all at the Smithsonian yesterday...at the American History Museum.

Let me tell you the "First Ladies" of the US formal gowns exhibit was amazing...as well were the china for all the administrations. It was very interesting to see all the patterns picked and how until the past few administrations, that china wasn't made in the USA on most of them but in France, Germany, Russia, etc.   Very interesting!

One of my favorite thing this week was getting to see the Fife and Drum Brigade playing on the Bowling Green in front of Mount Vernon (George Washington's home) in 102 degree heat!!!!  The actual serving pieces on display (china, glass, silver, etc) were amazing. 

talk about me going off topic....this is like the kettle calling the pot black..... ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:38 pm »
Nope Nope Nope.....you were talking Presidents.  I went to National Smithsonian Museum and saw the American History Museum, Hall of Presidents (you were referring to Presidents)!  First Ladies are married to Presidents.....
Need I Say More.

It's a matter of deduction!  :)

Dreading your come back!  :O
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:31 pm »
Nope Nope Nope.....you were talking Presidents.  I went to National Smithsonian Museum and saw the American History Museum, Hall of Presidents (you were referring to Presidents)!  First Ladies are married to Presidents.....
Need I Say More.

It's a matter of deduction!  :)

Dreading your come back!  :O
;D..my barks worse than my bite.....don,t worry about it......

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »
By-the-way....we were just looking up the Galician Division and the surrender at Gleichenberg-Feldbach, Austria!  Found your post January 15, 2013.  Sorry, impatient.  We were jawing about history. 

Finding this very interesting, educational, sad and amazing at the same time. 

Nice to know that you keep up with the history of your family and keep the momentos!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »
By-the-way....we were just looking up the Galician Division and the surrender at Gleichenberg-Feldbach, Austria!  Found your post January 15, 2013.  Sorry, impatient.  We were jawing about history. 

Finding this very interesting, educational, sad and amazing at the same time. 

Nice to know that you keep up with the history of your family and keep the momentos!
that,s ok.....patience is a virtue. :)...... if baby/big..brother....needs any personal info....just tell him to get in touch....