Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 4077 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 04:45:54 pm »
as i,m forever saying...it can be a small world...know the names of Ormiston and Colinton....they name streets in Dundee after...place name in and around Edinburgh...like Ormiston Cres, Colinton Place, Haddington Cres, Aberlady Cres,....we call anyone from Edinburgh..a "gadgie"...like...he,s a gadgie...similar to what we call Glaswegians...aka.. .weegies....tell me does hubby like Trainspotting....no t ..choo, choos... ;D,,we,ll be in Edinburgh next week, ...we love the place...i make a bee-line for Wonderland in Lothian Road,and Marionville models down near the Gyle,then its up the Royal  Mile to see the street performers,during the festival....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Iknownothing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 06:54:50 pm »
Trainspotting! Yes! That and Acid House which is supremely bizarre. We go back every two years (been married for ten and I met him out there while backpacking) and I finally got to see the festival for the first time last summer! Crazy to see Edinburgh in such a busy state. It was during the Olympics too!  We should be back in Edinburgh next summer. Meanwhile my father-in-law and his wife are coming out in September.  My husbands accent is very watered down now after 10 years in California, so it's always great to have some Scots in the house to listen to. I'm sure you hear that alot - best accents ever. :)

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »
What's acid house? Some kind of fun house..?  :o

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:43 pm »
Trainspotting! Yes! That and Acid House which is supremely bizarre. We go back every two years (been married for ten and I met him out there while backpacking) and I finally got to see the festival for the first time last summer! Crazy to see Edinburgh in such a busy state. It was during the Olympics too!  We should be back in Edinburgh next summer. Meanwhile my father-in-law and his wife are coming out in September.  My husbands accent is very watered down now after 10 years in California, so it's always great to have some Scots in the house to listen to. I'm sure you hear that alot - best accents ever. :)
you,re right nothing beats a Scottish accent when in full flow, apart from maybe.. Aberdonian Doric....i,m only 45 miles from there, and i cannae understand a word the say.....as for, American....well, i,m learning...slowly.. ..its the bastardized spelling the boogers me....Oh!!..and Texan.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Iknownothing

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22:02 pm »
What's acid house? Some kind of fun house..?  :o

It's a movie done by the same people who did Trainspotting. It is really strange. It has been a decade since I have seen it, but if I recall correctly it tells three different stories. The one that sticks in my mind the most is when a teenager becomes a literal "fly on the wall" and witnesses his parents having sex. Intrigued? Lol!

Iknownothing

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 09:23:59 pm »
you,re right nothing beats a Scottish accent when in full flow, apart from maybe.. Aberdonian Doric....i,m only 45 miles from there, and i cannae understand a word the say.....as for, American....well, i,m learning...slowly.. ..its the bastardized spelling the boogers me....Oh!!..and Texan.... ;D

Hahaha! It drives me crazy when the impersonation of an American comes out southern when anyone tries to do it when I'm in Scotland. I cringe equally when my dad tries to impersonate a Scottish accent. It's frightening and embarrassing at the same time.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 08:29:40 am »
 :D  No,, whats frightening is that we understand what Wullie is saying !!!