Author Topic: Alex Dzigurski painting... (no clue)  (Read 2625 times)

Micole1028

• View Profile
Alex Dzigurski painting... (no clue)
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:22 pm »
Can someone tell me about this painting. I know NOTHING. i do know when you search this painting there is ebay that has them (not this painting ) for 2000 and up. I search this painting. (autumn morning) and found it on an auction site at 10,000.00 I mean get real. Im not thinking any price like that but again i know nothing dont even know who the painter is. Any help would be great! Thanks!! Heres the link of the one i found for 10000.00
http://www.antiques.com/classified/Art--paintings--prints--frames-/Landscape/Antique-Alex-Dzigurski

Ipcress

Re: Alex Dzigurski painting... (no clue)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »
Well yours is a print, and so is his, so $10,000 ? ! ! !  :o :o

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »
While his originals may sell for that amount this is, like Ipcress said, a print !! These were produced and sold by a company called Illinois Moulding Co !! They most likely bought the reproduction rights from the artist or his estate !! Illinois moulding made frames and sold these to department stores who sold them to the public !! Do a google search and you can find a lot of them all by the same company !! Value,, they sell for about $30. on ebay !!  You can`t go by someones asking price for the worth of an item !! You can ask whatever price you want,,,getting it is a different matter !!

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »
Mart, you can buy an original oil for $2,000. $10,000 - it would have to be in a solid gold frame.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 04:08:58 pm »
Note I did say "may" sell,, didn`t say they "were" selling for that !!  I looked at one site that had several of his original oils listed anywhere between $1500. and $20,000. or best offer !! Have no idea if any sold at those prices !! But I doubt it in todays market !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:09:12 pm »
Mart, you can buy an original oil for $2,000. $10,000 - it would have to be in a solid gold frame.
or the buyer had a white stick and a lab.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,