Author Topic: limoge lamp?  (Read 3610 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
limoge lamp?
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »
Is this limoge? Merv says he has the paperwork.  If has to he will find them. He has some great antiques.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Ipcress

Re: limoge lamp?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:29:17 pm »
Don't suppose that panel has a signature, does it ? Looks like Fragonard.

Looks like Limoges. Is it a vase conversion or a proper lamp ?

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:30:36 pm »
I'll look.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »
A Chapiuos is the name on the lamp.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 06:10:12 pm »
It was a converstion, but he said he was told he could get them fixed. He has other items but we will take pictures on our next trip. He maybe 99 but he is amazing. :) it's like he'sbeenin formaldehyde,  lol He looks 80. My mother in law is 87.

Ipcress

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 06:26:36 pm »
Well that's not how it's spelt, and i don't want to get his hopes up, but that could have been a Sevres style or Samson vase, better than most Limoges. Chapuis is the spelling.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
Yes my husband was doing the reading and having a hard time
This dealer wanted the lamps. I remember him telling me. He said business was slow but he was willing to take the lamps

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 07:21:13 pm »
If he wanted to sell them what would be the best thing to do? "Freeman Auction House? They are in Philadelphia and on the web. I don't even know if they would take them. They have become very picky.

Ipcress

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »
If he wanted to sell them what would be the best thing to do? "Freeman Auction House? They are in Philadelphia and on the web. I don't even know if they would take them. They have become very picky.

They don't seem to have much porcelain in their catalogues, do they ?

I would e-mail a few good images to this person, who works for Bonhams in the US and lives in Philadelphia.
margaret.tierney@bonhams.com

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »
He has a pair ??  They haven`t been drilled have they ??

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: limoge lamp?i
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:50 pm »
I can't thank you enough. Merv has been worried because he thinks his children won't care and they will get rid of his things without checking first. They are not interested. He feels that he should sell them now. That way he could be at peace know they were not just given away. His kids must be in there 70's.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »
Yes mart. He was told he could get them repaired. I told him we'll do the desk next. My husband and I go over and take them to dinner once a week. This time we did take out pizza so we could do this. He has jade and other unusual things. I just enjoy the research and helping him. He's so good to my mother in law. Merv volunteers two days a week at the hospital and drives my mother in law everywhere. He shops for her if she needs it. Lol. My mother in law is a sharp cookie herself. ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »
I just looked at a chair by same person,,I think it was Christies,,estimate was $3000. to $5000.  They also had a pair of Sevres vases similar color but with floral decoration and estimate was $3500. to $4500. !!   Wouldn`t tell him anything until you email that person Ipcress told you about !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »
Thanks mart. I told him I would take to him tomorrow, so I better get moving. ;D I'll tell him I'll let him know more after I contact one more person. I won't say anything about money. He has another piece, but it I didn't check that yet. I could some time in there, lol.

Ipcress

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 04:26:14 am »
I just looked at a chair by same person,,I think it was Christies,,estimate was $3000. to $5000.  They also had a pair of Sevres vases similar color but with floral decoration and estimate was $3500. to $4500. !!   Wouldn`t tell him anything until you email that person Ipcress told you about !!

Depends on their age - they could be later reproductions and it's difficult to tell because the image was slightly blurred.
We once catalogued a pair which had been smashed and then restored ( amateurishly ) but still made £1,100. Another problem is the original bases have been covered as they're now on a pedestal or socle base.

A chair by the same person ?