Author Topic: no pics for a while  (Read 4760 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
no pics for a while
« on: August 11, 2013, 01:01:21 pm »
 I messed up at 2:30 this am.  I wanted to take video of the meteor shower, so I took the camera out side, turned it on,hit record and came in and went back to bed. woke up at 5:30 and it was pouring rain. I have had it in front of the fan all day. it dryed out but when I take a pic  half the pic is black. Just paid 125.00 for it july 8.  And didn't even have a meteor shower. :'(  I wont be able to get another for about 2 wks now. I'll keep looking at your sight tho.  Just thought i'd tell you  my sad story :'( :'(

mart

• View Profile
Re: no pics for a while
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:06:51 pm »
Darn,, that sucks !!  Maybe you can borrow one if you need to take pics in the meantime !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:26:06 pm »
Darn,, that sucks !!  Maybe you can borrow one if you need to take pics in the meantime !!
I have that one I used when I first got on here ,but it sucks. I am going to try to record the meteor shower tonight if it happens this time with it. Just wont leave it out side. My bf leaves for work at 2:30 am so i'll be up. Maybe I can get some good video on it although the pics suck. I'll just stand on my back steps next to the door incase some thing trys to grab me ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »
LOL  !!  I will tell you the same thing my parents told me when I said that,,,Don`t worry,, they/it will bring you back,,you eat too much !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »
LOL  !!  I will tell you the same thing my parents told me when I said that,,,Don`t worry,, they/it will bring you back,,you eat too much !!
  TOO FUNNY  ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »
I messed up at 2:30 this am.  I wanted to take video of the meteor shower, so I took the camera out side, turned it on,hit record and came in and went back to bed. woke up at 5:30 and it was pouring rain. I have had it in front of the fan all day. it dryed out but when I take a pic  half the pic is black. Just paid 125.00 for it july 8.  And didn't even have a meteor shower. :'(  I wont be able to get another for about 2 wks now. I'll keep looking at your sight tho.  Just thought i'd tell you  my sad story :'( :'(
you did get a shower..........jus t the wrong kind..... ;D.....we,ve got them here at the moment...and they are coming in thick and fast....can remember seeing the Hale-Bop...comet a few years ago....god!!...it was better than my M.A.D, days...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 05:21:06 pm »
I have that one I used when I first got on here ,but it sucks. I am going to try to record the meteor shower tonight if it happens this time with it. Just wont leave it out side. My bf leaves for work at 2:30 am so i'll be up. Maybe I can get some good video on it although the pics suck. I'll just stand on my back steps next to the door incase some thing trys to grab me ;D
you never know...you might be lucky.... ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 05:22:19 pm »
yeah...and we all know what that is..... ;D

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
  LOL Yep.  Well it just said around 10:30 tonight its suppose to start here. But then again I heard that last night, and your right   wrong kind of shower  lol :D

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »
  LOL Yep.  Well it just said around 10:30 tonight its suppose to start here. But then again I heard that last night, and your right   wrong kind of shower  lol :D
silly question here. That other camera had built in flash. This one don't. Do I need to use the flash for the meteor shower.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »
silly question here. That other camera had built in flash. This one don't. Do I need to use the flash for the meteor shower.
In case it does start earlier here. If at all.

Ipcress

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »

A bag of uncooked rice normally does the trick for things like that, or those little bags of silica gel.

You may think you've dried it but it could still be damp inside

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »

A bag of uncooked rice normally does the trick for things like that, or those little bags of silica gel.

You may think you've dried it but it could still be damp inside
Oh cool  thank you. I'll put some in a paper bag now with the camera. :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
The rice works with phones and most cameras.

We are having a hail storm right now and lots of electrical cloud to ground lightening!!!  Gorgeous but deadly.  Gotta' love Texas weather!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 09:21:14 pm »
KC This is August in Texas !!  We don`t ever get rain in August !!  (All we got was a ten inch rain) ten drops,,ten inches apart this afternoon !!