Author Topic: Acquired another Kewpie today, I think it may be signed— help?  (Read 7002 times)

starbelly

• View Profile
Re: Acquired another Kewpie today, I think it may be signed— help?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16:14 pm »
When a .22 slug slams in a bisque doll....it shatters...pure and simple....it does not bounce off...the one i had ..shattered.... ;D

That's nice. I'm kind of surprised how rude you all are on here. Bye.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »
When a .22 slug slams in a bisque doll....it shatters...pure and simple....it does not bounce off...the one i had ..shattered.... ;D

its painfully obvious that you,have no sense of humour...we are the happiest bunch of people on the web....but...we can,t please everyone....do call again.....but next time try a happyness stan pill before opening your gob..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 06:55:21 pm »
Starbelly, don't think you are going to be much happier with my answer.  From all "appearances" as I can tell "from the pictures" it sure looks like it can be an original O'Neill Kewpie.  However, the foot pictures aren't clear enough for me to say, in fact, that it is legitimate.  I would highly recommend that you get to know someone in your neck of the woods that is a doll collector and has a HANDS ON inspection of the mark on the bottom.  Best of luck to you and wishing you years of pleasure with your finds!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 09:45:41 pm »
Starbelly;
For what it's worth, I would have no problem in accepting your Kewpie as being a vintage piece. My Mother was an ardent collector of Kewpies, and I handled all of them more than once over the years. There is something special about those side glancing eyes and whimsical smile that will touch all but certifiable curmudgeons.
I even read that during WWI, a shipment of Kewpies from Germany headed for America in time for Christmas were granted "safe passage" across the Atlantic by Allied forces.
It's good to see someone like yourself that expresses interest in what has brought pleasure to so many folks over the years.
(BTW: One of the most unusual examples I came across over the years...was a 12" tall Solid Cast Iron Kewpie, that was used a pitch target in a carnival.)

starbelly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 12:51:13 am »

its painfully obvious that you,have no sense of humour...we are the happiest bunch of people on the web....but...we can,t please everyone....do call again.....but next time try a happyness stan pill before opening your gob..... ;D

It's also painfully obvious that you can't spell or write.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 05:13:06 am »
Obviously.you are having trouble with the Queens English...and my brand of Scottish humour....now you have a nice day....and..just watch your step....i would,nt want you standing on yer rattle.... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:08 am »
I don`t feel we are rude,,although sometimes painfully honest !!  Wullie`s sense of humor is something we have grown to love !! And we can read between the lines !! Many times people don`t like our opinion of their item but we have to call it as we see it !!  It helps no one to gloss over the facts !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 01:00:37 pm »
My favorite Kewpie is this silly statue that was my mother-in-laws and sat in her bathroom.  When she passed, we brought it home and it sits in our bathroom and puts a smile on our faces!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 01:22:26 pm »
My favorite Kewpie is this silly statue that was my mother-in-laws and sat in her bathroom.  When she passed, we brought it home and it sits in our bathroom and puts a smile on our faces!

Can I assume its name is Peter Brady?.... ;D

starbelly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 04:42:57 pm »
I don`t feel we are rude,,although sometimes painfully honest !!  Wullie`s sense of humor is something we have grown to love !! And we can read between the lines !! Many times people don`t like our opinion of their item but we have to call it as we see it !!  It helps no one to gloss over the facts !!

You come off as aggressive considering you end every sentence with two exclamation marks.

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 04:51:53 pm »
hi starbelly,

think mart has her account programmed for her sentences to end with exclamation marks. 

you won't find a nicer person than mart - take no offense she is trying to help you.

big wull put me off in the beginning but he means no harm

so its a grain of salt thing, you get a lot out of the forum if you just stick around

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

You come off as aggressive considering you end every sentence with two exclamation marks.
...get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and as for Mart being aggressive....if anyone,s being aggressive..its you,...coming away with correcting us on our diction.....

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 05:18:51 pm »
"big wull put me off in the beginning but he means no harm"

;D ;D ;D ;D

IlliniGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 05:55:12 pm »
I agree it can take a while to figure folks out here but Mart is as nice a person as you will find!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »
LOL !!  I can assure you aggression is not in my profile !!   Just go to any page here and you will find the same punctuation marks that I have used for years !!  Its nothing directed at anyone but more a personality trait !!