Author Topic: 925 mark on silver jewelry ?  (Read 6190 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: 925 mark on silver jewelry ?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:06 pm »
Then the place for you to visit when you can convince Avril to 'wing it' over this side of the pond would be the UBC Museum of Anthropology....... in Vancouver, British Columbia.  I'll fly out to visit my boys and meet you there  ;)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=emily+carr&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=li&biw=1220&bih=668&sei=5SMMUsjcI6ik2gW5v4HIDg#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=9b176a7a8e1f5529&hl=en&q=ubc+museum+of+anthropology&sa=1&tbm=isch&imgdii=_
i,ll fly...but Avril will have to come via snails mail....either that....or she gets a ketamine jag in her ass and they stick her in with the baggage..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »
Setting does remind me of the style of those made in the 40's to 50's...and in the style, like Mart said, of the Native American Jewelry.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 07:26:03 pm »
Then the place for you to visit when you can convince Avril to 'wing it' over this side of the pond would be the UBC Museum of Anthropology....... in Vancouver, British Columbia.  I'll fly out to visit my boys and meet you there  ;)

i,ll fly...but Avril will have to come via snails mail....either that....or she gets a ketamine jag in her ass and they stick her in with the baggage..... ;D

I'll help round up a comfy, airline approved kennel   :D

And I must correct myself...... my salmon is Salish, not Haida. Though they are two of the five main groups of First Nation peoples of the Northwest Coast. Their work is very similar.  

Here's my little fishy....... by Gus Modeste

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:36:13 pm by sapphire »

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »
Setting does remind me of the style of those made in the 40's to 50's...and in the style, like Mart said, of the Native American Jewelry.

Thanks mart and KC.  The more I look the more I see a blending of different styles/eras. New or older, I love it. Guess I'd better hope not to find too many goodies in that shop. Luckily it's not a short drive......so visits (and purchases) will be well spaced.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51:31 pm »
I agree with KC !! Probably 40`s or 50`s !!  I like it even if it was made yesterday !! Can imagine a turquoise stone in it !!  What is that center stone !! Almost looks clear or like moonstone !! That would definitely put it in the 40 to 60 era !!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »
I agree with KC !! Probably 40`s or 50`s !!  I like it even if it was made yesterday !! Can imagine a turquoise stone in it !!  What is that center stone !! Almost looks clear or like moonstone !! That would definitely put it in the 40 to 60 era !!

mart, I'm not sure. It is clear, faceted (? ) on the underside and has a pale lavender color to it. It reminds me of a light amethyst, but  I don't know anything about stones. You can see it a bit of the 'cut' and color in the second pic, though it does need to be cleaned to make it show better.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 05:43:22 am »
Pretty sure its a moonstone then !! They were often done like that because they pick up color from the bottom and it flashes through to the top !! Had one once that was an older pendant in a beautiful sterling mount and it had a multi colored foil like piece under it !! Turned a fire opal color depending on how light hit it !! I had it remounted into a ring !! It had tiny facets around the base just above where it fit into the mount !!  Lost it somewhere during a move !!  Take yours out into the sunlight and see if it does the same !!