Author Topic: hello from Scotland :) watercolour  (Read 3807 times)

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: hello from Scotland :) watercolour
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:32 am »
Hi 1bear

If you take a look at the two very distinct signatures in the links below and then compare the two sets of initials (A.W) to yours,  there are differences in the style. I am not realy convinced, but then again my eyes aren't what they used to be and the signature on your water colour is very faint, and may not be the same AW Finch.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but £50 from a Charity shop is an awful big price tag, it would suggest that they had an idea that it was painted by a recognised artist, which means they maybe use a local expert who donates his/her time to value high end donations. If it has just recently been bought then I'd be tempted to go back to the shop and ask them who they think the artist was, or who they use to value their paintings etc.

http://lijken.skynetblogs.be/

http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/FI-250473

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:09 am »
Mario,, look at post #8,, the small pic of the signature !! There is a word to the left of the A.W. !!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 12:43:16 pm »
Mario,, look at post #8,, the small pic of the signature !! There is a word to the left of the A.W. !!

There is indeed, but what? It's so frustratingly faint

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »
First letter looks like an L maybe,, !! Gosh its hard to figure it out !! Would love some angled shots in same size and format to see if I could make it out !! Its just so faded its difficult !!