Author Topic: Value of this 1920s doll made in germany?  (Read 1341 times)

linkzg

• View Profile
Value of this 1920s doll made in germany?
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:17:14 pm »
Hello, my grandma just gave me a 1920's girl doll made in germany. The numbers on the back are 620-11.I saw one of these online for 50 but it didnt have the hair or the undergarment and the person said that it was a boy but another site that had it for sale said it was a girl. Mine has the hair with bow and the undergarment.What would something like this be worth just curious and would it be worth more later on down the road.Any more information is appreciated thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Value of this 1920s doll made in germany?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »
What is it made of ??

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:18:43 pm »
Generally, these are referred to as "doll house" dolls because of their size. I would think $50 would be a good price for one with painted eyes.
As for increasing in value...being it was Grandma's is a better reason to keep it. ;)

linkzg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 02:22:08 pm »
Its a bisque porcelain doll made in Germany.Not sure if that helps on figuring out the value of it. I believe it was made in the early 1920's. Just wondering if there are collectors out there who would pay for something like this later on???

My grandma has a huge barn full of antiques dishes bottles dolls toys etc. literally must be thousands of dollars worth of antiques.That me and her are trying to sell.Some are even getting broken on accident by her animals.We are trying to find collectors who are interested in buying.We are opening a web store soon to advertise her items and find them new homes.