Author Topic: Rockford Silver P. Co Tea Set  (Read 2131 times)

CoinCrazy

• View Profile
Rockford Silver P. Co Tea Set
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:52:53 pm »
I found these charming pieces at Goodwill and because everything was fifty percent off I brought them home with me. All pieces have the same floral design on both sides. There is also the letter "A" but this only appears in one side. The bottom is stamped Rockford Silver P Co Quadruple. There is also the number "301" at the bottom. How old are these pieces? What is the best way to clean these pieces?
The tea pot is missing the lid and has a dent at the bottom

The creamer is in pretty good shape

The piece on the left has a dent at the bottom

mart

• View Profile
Re: Rockford Silver P. Co Tea Set
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »
The Rockford Silver Plate Company operated from 1882  to 1925 !! Before that it was the Racine Silver Plate Co. but it burned and the company was renamed Rockford Silver Plate Co.  In 1925 the company was sold and continued operation as Sheets-Rockford Silver plate Co. until 1956 !! All records were destroyed when it was sold so no way to date it accurately !!  As to cleaning it,, just use a good silver polish,,I suggest Wrights Silver Polish !! But you can try some plain old ketchup if it isn`t too bad !!  Very little silver on these items so only clean a couple of times a year with the polish !! Wash and buff in between !!