Author Topic: Old wooden dentists spittoon.  (Read 5126 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old wooden dentists spittoon.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 01:26:47 pm »
Can you imagine trying to haul this thing with a horse and wagon ?? Especially with that stand its on !!  And that oval hole ??  What country is this from ?? Your location ??

Jellytip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 02:06:10 pm »
Can you imagine trying to haul this thing with a horse and wagon ?? Especially with that stand its on !!  And that oval hole ??  What country is this from ?? Your location ??

I'm in New Zealand, the dentist emigrated here from Europe in the 2nd half of 19thc. We dont know where the stand came from. You guys now know all the details I do, does anyone know anyone who is an expert in whatever this may be?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 02:09:09 pm »
there you go again..opening your mouth before engaging the gears.....just as i do frequently.... ;D...check out the first post by the topic provider and you will see that they have given the sizes..... so there..... ;D

Where have you been ?? Don`t you ever open your mail ??   Yes they did, but as I can`t convert centimeters to feet and inches without leaving here I figured someone would tell me !! 
..i coulnt find all the toys that i chucked out of my pram.... ;D....and just so you don,t have to leave here....here,s a conversion chart for you...now don,t say i,m not good to you...... ;D

http://www.initium.demon.co.uk/converts/metimp.htm
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 02:11:20 pm »
I could be wrong, but those side panels look like burr yew .... or am I way off?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »
you,re not far off i was thinking burr elm....i,m busy making a dining table at the moment and the top is burr elm..as will be the chairs....and what i,ve got here is a dead ringer for whats here....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »
LOL !!  Yes Wullie you are very good to me !!!  Only form of math I am good at is money !!

Its not a wood I am familiar with !! But its gorgeous !!  I want to see that table,,Wullie !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

I'm in New Zealand, the dentist emigrated here from Europe in the 2nd half of 19thc. We dont know where the stand came from. You guys now know all the details I do, does anyone know anyone who is an expert in whatever this may be?
..i should,ve known you were ..down under....what with the upside down electrical socket under the box..... ;D

Jellytip

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 03:12:44 pm »
It's the right way around, I swear!! I think I may have found who originally had the box, he came here from the UK sometime between 1851-67. He is listed as a dentist and sailor.  I'll get on the phone with my Grandmother soon and see if I can get more details out of her :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »
Well, If that's where its from,,its up to Bigwull, Mario and Ipcress to figure this one out !!