Author Topic: For wullie.........my mud buddy  (Read 7597 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: For wullie.........my mud buddy
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »
Looks like some heavy-duty craftsmanship. Careful of that beard ;D

Seriously, that's one cool old man!
careful with that axe....would be more appropriate ;D

careful with that axe....EUGENE!
this,ll be lost on the rest of them...... ;D......Mart,ll be scratching her bonce.....thinking. ..what the hell are they talking about......so, just to make her scratch a bit more....perhaps we should introduce her to ..".Several species of small furry animals,gathered together in a Cave...grooving with a Pict".. ;D..

Yeah, we're talking in code again! ;D
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »

careful with that axe....EUGENE!
this,ll be lost on the rest of them...... ;D......Mart,ll be scratching her bonce.....thinking. ..what the hell are they talking about......so, just to make her scratch a bit more....perhaps we should introduce her to ..".Several species of small furry animals,gathered together in a Cave...grooving with a Pict".. ;D..

Yeah, we're talking in code again! ;D

I ain`t even going there !!!   ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:54 pm »

He's missing his fishing pole.......was hoping a kabob skew would work, but they're too thick.  I'll have to start whittling I guess.......after I dislodge the remains of the first one out of his fist.

Sapphire do you have privet hedge there !! When I need something like that I use the tip ends of privet hedge bush !! They would work perfectly and are easy to work with,, just cut with scissors, thread for string on end !! I can mail you some if you don`t have it !!  Just tell me the large end diameter approx. !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »
I shipped some vintage luggage to Australia from the US. It arrived in ten days. I shipped a doll from the US to Canada and it arrived in three weeks - broken. Hear the sound of me scratching my head? I stopped shipping out of the country after that.

I had a porcelain egg shipped from Arizona. Tracking it to the Canada/US border.....1 1/2 days. Once Canada Post got it in their paws it took 1 1/2 weeks to reach me.  Up here 'going postal' means turning comatose.  :P

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »
I'm remembering those little guys much the same as Frogpatch does. Back in the 80's the older ones would always sell for $20 and up. It was hard to find them intact without some damage. The original ones were made for the bonsai table top gardens.

Here's some good information:http://www.artofbonsai.org/feature_articles/mudman.php

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 12:02:35 pm »

He's missing his fishing pole.......was hoping a kabob skew would work, but they're too thick.  I'll have to start whittling I guess.......after I dislodge the remains of the first one out of his fist.

Sapphire do you have privet hedge there !! When I need something like that I use the tip ends of privet hedge bush !! They would work perfectly and are easy to work with,, just cut with scissors, thread for string on end !! I can mail you some if you don`t have it !!  Just tell me the large end diameter approx. !!
would that be in mm...or imp, ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »
I know Mart!  Aren't privet hedge wonderful?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:57 pm »
They come in handy sometimes !! Just don`t use them for plant markers !! They are worse than willow !! But they do smell good when in bloom and the bees love them !!

Wullie I was thinking more in terms like,,pencil tip thick, or toothpick thin !!  :D  Actually even if its a little too big a piece of sandpaper would correct that !!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 05:10:13 pm »
Mart, I meant to reply when I saw this. I'd love to have a piece of your hedge.........kind of neat addition, meeting in the middle so to speak  ;)  I'll have to carefully remove the piece that's left in his hand.......glued in, of course  :P  When I dig that out I'll have a better idea of the size.  Spending most of my spare hours outside of work getting the house ready for my younger son's homecoming (along with his 'new' fiance) He hasn't been home in six years........I've been out to Vancouver to visit three times, but his dad hasn't seen him since he left, or met the newest member-to-be of our family. Gonna be a very crazy 9 days once they arrive!   :D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 03:11:00 am »
Mart, I meant to reply when I saw this. I'd love to have a piece of your hedge.........kind of neat addition, meeting in the middle so to speak  ;)  I'll have to carefully remove the piece that's left in his hand.......glued in, of course  :P  When I dig that out I'll have a better idea of the size.  Spending most of my spare hours outside of work getting the house ready for my younger son's homecoming (along with his 'new' fiance) He hasn't been home in six years........I've been out to Vancouver to visit three times, but his dad hasn't seen him since he left, or met the newest member-to-be of our family. Gonna be a very crazy 9 days once they arrive!   :D
New Fiance?........how many has he had........ ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:40 am »
New Fiance?........how many has he had........ ;D

'New' as in he finally put a ring on that poor girl's finger   :D  Took him four years and she managed to really mess up his 'proposal' plans.........but they definitely have a memory to laugh about for many, many years.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »
Congratulations!!!  Understand the excitement and prep!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »
Congratulations!!!  Understand the excitement and prep!

Definitely excited!  We can't wait for them to arrive.......alread y saddened by the thought of them going back home.  There'll be an ample supply of tormenting and chuckles over the 'formal' proposal while they are here

While this was to be the setting........a sunset walk along the seawall on their way to dinner

due to an off day for her (a friend's wedding and the new engagement of another).............he knew that the dinner 'date' wasn't going to go off quite as planned. So, out of desperation it occurred here............... ...

Not exactly the place you want to take the wife on your 20th anniversary to relive that special moment   :D

On the upside, he presented her with the ring given to me by hubby after the birth of our first child........which was given a new life thanks to a great jeweler.  And in his defence, he felt that as most things he attempt go 'down the toilet', it was a rather appropriate (though totally weird) place to officially propose. Gotta love my kids!!  ;)

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 02:12:51 am »
I've often wondered about your Avatar, KC, now I see it in context, but none the wiser as to where it is ...

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 04:57:07 am »
I've often wondered about your Avatar, KC, now I see it in context, but none the wiser as to where it is ...

Would you be meaning me mario??  ;)

It's an Inukshuk. That particular one is located on English Bay in Vancouver, BC.......just a block away from my son's apartment. It was the site of the handing off of the Olympic torch in 2010.

For those who have never seen one or have but are not aware of what it actually symbolizes here is a brief history of the Inukshuk  ......

http://www.inukshukgallery.com/inukshuk.html

And the meaning it holds today as both a symbol and a way of life to many Canadians. It's much more than just a cool rock 'statue'  ;) .......

http://www.weegates.com/inukshukcorp/InukshukStory.htm

Another shot of the English Bay Inukshuk