Author Topic: Need info on this duck planter.......  (Read 1862 times)

ThisNThat

• View Profile
Need info on this duck planter.......
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »
I picked this up at a flea market this weekend for $1. I just found it cute, and it was a good price, so.........

I would like to know it's age, and maybe what it's worth. It seems like these style of planters typically run about $12-20, but not sure. I didn't see any marks. And the yellow stuff on the bottom looks like paint, because it doesn't look like it's ever been glues together. It measures 6in tall.

Any info? Thanks!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Need info on this duck planter.......
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »
whats it worth.....if anyone offers you $2.....for it....bite their hand off.....ebay is full of them....but none are selling....dependin g on the size of the hole...you might be better using it as an egg cup.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=duck+planter&_pgn=3&_skc=100&rt=nc
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

ThisNThat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:23 pm »
whats it worth.....if anyone offers you $2.....for it....bite their hand off.....ebay is full of them....but none are selling....dependin g on the size of the hole...you might be better using it as an egg cup.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=duck+planter&_pgn=3&_skc=100&rt=nc

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear, but at least I'm only out a buck. LOL I do think it's cute, so I'll find a place for it. And it's a little too big for an egg cup! LOL

Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »
From 50`s and 60`s !! I remember those !! They were very popular for baby showers !!  $10. or $12. with a good headwind !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »
From 50`s and 60`s !! I remember those !! They were very popular for baby showers !!  $10. or $12. with a good headwind !!
a good headwind.....more like a Tornado..... ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »
Wullie made me laugh...again!!

Mart, no tornado...but believe rain is headed your way.  We had a real good rain and now it is hitting my folks (1/2 way to your area) and hopefully will keep up to you!! :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »
Yay !!  Got an inch and sure needed that !!  Can forget the fruit trees for a day or so !!