Author Topic: Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf Bavaria plates  (Read 2084 times)

aDawn

Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf Bavaria plates
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »
Hi all! I hope your evening is going well.

I've got another question for you all.  I bought these lovely plates a year or so ago and have finally just started to look into them. The stamp says P M Bavaria and I was able to find that they're Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf. From here:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/bavaria/moschendorf_1/00.php

I see that this mark is from 1895. I'm really just trying to get an idea of value at this point so I can decide if I want to sell them or keep them. (They would look ever so nice in my China hutch)! I'm having trouble finding older pieces for sale or sold, especially with the nice blue flow and gold. Any thoughts?

And I'm away from home for the weekend so no measurements right now, but they are what I would call lunch or salad plate size. Not big dinner plates.

Thanks a bunch all,

Angela

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf Bavaria plates
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:05:09 pm »
Hi all! I hope your evening is going well.

I've got another question for you all.  I bought these lovely plates a year or so ago and have finally just started to look into them. The stamp says P M Bavaria and I was able to find that they're Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf. From here:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/bavaria/moschendorf_1/00.php

I see that this mark is from 1895. I'm really just trying to get an idea of value at this point so I can decide if I want to sell them or keep them. (They would look ever so nice in my China hutch)! I'm having trouble finding older pieces for sale or sold, especially with the nice blue flow and gold. Any thoughts?

And I'm away from home for the weekend so no measurements right now, but they are what I would call lunch or salad plate size. Not big dinner plates.

Thanks a bunch all,

Angela
in a hutch.....strange place to keep plates....over here we keep these guys it a hutch ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »
You can find lots of these plates in various patterns !! Checked ebay too and asking prices ran $5. up and most of those are dinner plate size rather than salad plate size !!  Cake plates and servers can be bought under $20. !!  Problem is there are no bids on any of them !! Offhand I would say because of the cobalt blue color you might get $10. each for these !!  Hard to sell anything like this unless its a very rare and hard to find piece !!

aDawn

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:45:20 pm »
Haha, Bigwull, guess we have a language barrier :)

Mart, I do see a lot of P M Bavaria pieces, but they have newer stamps than mine. That's where I'm running into trouble.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:52:52 pm »
Would not make a difference !! Saw some with earlier mark but still no one is buying !! Older does not always mean more valuable,, especially when no one is buying any of them !!  There was so much of this stuff made by various manufacturers that the market has bombed out on it !!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:39 am »
It's hard to see from the photos but are they cobalt blue? Over here that would still be in their favour as I've noticed that it's still a popular colour, but fashion being what it is .... in the next county, or next year, who knows. They look like nice pieces, if you think they'd look good in your cabinet (hutch!) then why not put them there and enjoy them ... and take them out at Christmas.