Author Topic: One for Wendy maybe. Is this Chinese?  (Read 5183 times)

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: One for Wendy maybe. Is this Chinese?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 11:46:17 am »
Hi Melodie,

It's only a work thing at my college...

And every Sunday, come Rain or shine, the bikes still roar into Matlock Bath and still park on the same section of the A6. I think it's quite cute. I'm just the other side of Cromford so Matlock is a regular haunt. Bamfords used to have a brilliant Auction House there, in the old Cinema I think. That was the place to go to pick up bargains as they weren't on the Internet, and because of the number of antique shops in Matlock, the competition meant they had to buy  as cheap as they could, and so that probably depressed prices. they've now moved to Rowsley, to premises in the retail park, and are on-line, so not much gets missed  :(

Ipcress

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 12:45:09 pm »
They're not great with their cataloguing at Bamfords. Golding Young in Lincoln are better and it's easy to get to.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:13 pm »
They're not great with their cataloguing at Bamfords. Golding Young in Lincoln are better and it's easy to get to.

Not being great at cataloguing can be useful if you can go to the viewings. Where I am, both the Bamfords Houses are equally easy for me to get to. Goldings is a bit of a drive.

Ipcress

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 01:12:55 pm »

Not being great at cataloguing can be useful if you can go to the viewings. Where I am, both the Bamfords Houses are equally easy for me to get to. Goldings is a bit of a drive.

Yeah but i look for certain words and Golding Young usually take good photographs. Things can be in boxes at Bamfords so, yes, if you're viewing them it can be fun. Online it's not so good.