Author Topic: Brass Gimbal Candle Holders  (Read 7721 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Re: Brass Gimbal Candle Holders
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »
I did try hiring an eBay selling assistant a few year back and she didn't sell one item! That soured me on eBay.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »
Well,, that was your first mistake !! Is that it ??

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »
Let me get this straight...you hired an ebay assistant...Why...w as it because you were new to ebay....or...did,nt know what to do....+ by hiring an assistant....you would have had to pay for their services...then pay your ebay fees, + paypal fees....for what.....so that this assistant just had to list your items....
As Mart says selling on ebay..is simple....its not Rocket science....to keep costs down..you can list on ebay free listing days....just make sure you know what the postage costs for an item will be....e.g...weigh it first with the packaging and get a quote from the post office...if the item is a low value one set the start price low...e.g 99cents......look through ebay for similar items and gauge what they are selling for....like that bayonet that ended a little while ago.....selling on ebay is just like having a garage sale....but with millions of potential customers walking by, instead of the trickle that you seem to have....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:03 am »
I have to say I have met people like you who don't want to sell on Ebay or Etsy.  One woman said it was too much work, then complained she wasn't selling anything in her booth at the antique market.  It's very easy to sell online.  Your chance of selling is very limited doing yard sales and no one wants to pay much for them.  Sometimes it pays off to take a leap of faith and try something new.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:00:05 am »
Sound advice Icegold.

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 11:03:13 am »
The catch there is that you need a credit card to start an account with eBay.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 11:46:58 am »
I don,t have a credit card....Avril does,nt trust me with one...I initially used my debit card....but then  set up a bank account for ebay selling only....and logged this on to paypal,then i withdrew my debit card....and anything that i sell i split 50/50 ..with my paypal account.... just in case i see something that i want to buy.....

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 11:50:32 am »
The problem is, Bigwull, Ebay/Paypal requirements may be very different in the States.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 11:51:27 am »
BigWull, I agree with you. I set up a separate debit account specifically for eBay. I don't like to use credit cards unless I have too.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 12:03:58 pm »
Sometimes in life we create our own roadblocks because we fear the unknown. Think of life as an adventure and you will find the riches it has to offer.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »
Its in our psyche to fear the unknown....its part of what makes us different....there are many things i would,nt do...just because it could be an adventure....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »
The catch there is that you need a credit card to start an account with eBay.

Not really !!  Go to WalMart or almost any grocery store and get one of those prepaid credit cards !! That's what I did,, no way am I giving anyone my credit card numbers !!  It covers any overage you might have !! I just got a $25. one !! But make sure and read the fine print on it !! Some of them expire if you don`t use it !! Another alternative is to open a small checking account at your bank just for ebay !! Do not link ebay to your personal checking account !!  Then enter that account number !! Either will do !!  When you make some sales,, then just transfer the money to your main account !! 
If you need help doing ebay,,,I will gladly help you get going if there is anything you don`t understand !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 02:03:07 pm »
What do those assistance charge away? I'm curious.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."