Author Topic: Human head effigy pot?  (Read 11216 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Human head effigy pot?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 09:47:09 pm »
BigWull, I know how you feel about guns, but the crime is mostly metropolitan cities. You read to much media hype. America has plenty serene places.

No problems out here !! ;)

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 12:28:55 am »
BigWull, I know how you feel about guns, but the crime is mostly metropolitan cities. You read to much media hype. America has plenty serene places.

No problems out here !! ;)

It is pretty much the same over here, with the majority of violent crime taking place in the cities , and we've had our fair share of maniacs running amok killing children in nurseries or taking pot shots at strangers and family alike. In our village 'crimes' tend to be opportunist, such as youngsters walking back home from the pub and seeing an unlocked car door so they take a look to see what is worth taking. If that happens more than twice a year then we're experiencing a crime wave.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:47:50 am by mariok54 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 06:02:31 am »
If someone has an intent to do harm they will find a way !!  Here in our area gun crime is highly unlikely when Texans are known to shoot back !!  Where most of the gun crime happens are the areas more highly controlled !!  Its pretty common to hear shots around here !! Sometimes Hubby fires off a few rounds just to let everyone know he is still here !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 09:59:42 am »
Hey mart, how come you didn't ask to see the bottom? ;D
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 10:46:51 am »
Simple !!  I forgot !!  ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 11:45:00 am »
 ;D ;D ;D
Chicago is probably the worst, Philadelphia ranks up there with crime, and our school system is down the dumpers! I don't live in the city, but it's making a big come back with the younger generations. The more drugs and poverty, more crime!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 05:18:08 pm »
Here we are a coastal and seasonal area.  Drugs have been a big problem.  Never used to be that way.  Miss the old days...

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »
Heroin has been around a long time. It's just hard to believe that people are willing to try it. Or, stuff like bath salts that are just as crazy. Just what I always wanted is to eat someone's face off! Or, maybe huff aerosol can spray.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »
I know, it is so nuts.  What are people thinking???   When I was young the worst I did was forge a library pass to get out of study hall.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 02:22:26 pm »
Heroin has been around a long time. It's just hard to believe that people are willing to try it. Or, stuff like bath salts that are just as crazy. Just what I always wanted is to eat someone's face off! Or, maybe huff aerosol can spray.
Always suspected....that there is more to you.....than you will have us believe..... ;D...."eat someone,s face off"......does your therapist know you have these kind of thoughts.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »
It happened in Florida this year.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5y9GaV01M

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »
It happened in Florida this year.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5y9GaV01M
I saw this before......but...f rom the way tou wrote it.....the implication was...that it was you that wanted to do this...... ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 04:04:07 pm »
If someone has an intent to do harm they will find a way !!  Here in our area gun crime is highly unlikely when Texans are known to shoot back !!  Where most of the gun crime happens are the areas more highly controlled !!  Its pretty common to hear shots around here !! Sometimes Hubby fires off a few rounds just to let everyone know he is still here !!

LOL  That is very true Mart.  Here in Texas, whether we live in the Metroplex/suburbs or out in the country, the right to bear arms is practiced!  And, because of that I do think there is alot of respect and responsibility taught/learned with most people.  I know that I was and I do reserve the right.

Now, I was staying out of the discussion but have to stand up for the term Wullie on this one.  Believe me, I have butted heads with our Scottish Pal on open forum and off..and we have always had a healthy respect for each others' views (well..most of the time)!  He wasn't meaning ill will and the "they" he was referring to is the 3 heads on the item!  In PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY and CRANIOFACIAL ANTHROPOLOGY there have been 3 general subtypes of racial/body feature classification:  Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid.  (Search this if you need and for a easily readible version you can look to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negroid.)  If you will learn something from this forum -  it is that there are many things that have occurred in history (in this case terminology) that has become "touchy" and politically incorrect or bordering on.  (I have adopted children that would be termed Mongoloid and they wouldn't be crazy about being referred to as a Mongol - but they have Mongoloid features because it was associated to the classification of facial/racial features and started in the area of Mongolia.  I also have a brother-in-law that would be termed in the Negroid features and he wouldn't like derogatory remarks made at all - but understands the classification. )  That being said this forum attempts to identify and explain the true nature of items and their relations - without trying to malicious. Even that said, the classifications of physical anthropology remain the same - feelings hurt or not.   If anyone knows of a new classification, please let me know and reference it.  Sorry, off the soap box. (I know Wullie you are shocked I did this!  Sorry...had to say something.)  This site is all about learning about an item and it's origin...let's try and find out about it...  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:08:00 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

IlliniGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:27 pm »
KC, you are absolutely correct. Bigwull was correct in his terminology. This is a valid term used in physical anthropology to define racial origin.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »
Shocked!!....far from it.....what shocked me was....how easily....some people likened the word Negroid....to Racism....now,I could have come back....with my usual "Aplomb"..and ...gave them a what for......but in this instance chose not to....for the simple reason....Its not my job to try and educate people....If they could,nt tell the difference between the two....then nothing I was going to say..would make them change their minds....

as for you apolgising for being on your soapbox....don,t apologise....unless your life depends on it....