Author Topic: Human head effigy pot?  (Read 11225 times)

icedgold10

• View Profile
Human head effigy pot?
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:00:48 pm »
I got this a few months back but haven't been able to find out anything about it.  It looked different so I had to have it.  Trying to find out origin and age?

Kevin_Bones

Re: Human head effigy pot?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:22:59 am »
I found one similar on Ebay. It says it is Mayan/Aztec style made in the 1950's. Yours looks like it was made around the same time as this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hand-Thrown-Seed-Pot-Head-Pottery-Aztec-or-Mayan-Style-Made-in-Mexico-/121178915139

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:31:40 am »
Totally different Kevin.... these one,s here are negroid....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 02:39:15 pm »
Bigwull, glad to see you are not in the USA using that term.  lol  If you ever decide to visit the U.S. you probably don't want to use it because it would be unsafe.  I'm sure in your country it is considered differently.  Any idea on age?

Advice to Bigwull would be the same this side of Hadrian's Wall   ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 03:05:55 pm »
what other way is there to describe them...i can,t say the N word....i could say African....but then not every one that comes from Africa....is a Negro...I,m not using it in a racist manner....i,m using it to describe the features on the heads.....but if i have offended anyone....i make no apologies....

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »
Bigwull, glad to see you are not in the USA using that term.  lol  If you ever decide to visit the U.S. you probably don't want to use it because it would be unsafe.  I'm sure in your country it is considered differently.  Any idea on age?
Oh!!...i,ve been to America....but ...don,t think...i want to re-visit.....too many guns...for a start.....and the weather is,nt my cup of tea.....too hot in the summer....and frozen balls in the winter....

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:17:10 pm »
what other way is there to describe them...i can,t say the N word....i could say African....but then not every one that comes from Africa....is a Negro...I,m not using it in a racist manner....i,m using it to describe the features on the heads.....but if i have offended anyone....i make no apologies....

'Them'? You really do need to take more care Bigwull ... for all you know I might be one of 'them', 'they' can hail from anywhere and be called anything ... and then I'd certainly expect an apology.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »
Very sadly our violence level has risen greatly in the past decade.  Many Americans are deeply concerned about it.  You can't let your children out to play safely any more like when I was young.  There is a large group of us trying to bring peace back to everyday life and I believe we can turn that around.  I am in the coldest northern state and you are not kidding about how cold it gets here in the winter.  brrr.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 03:23:45 pm »

'Them'? You really do need to take more care Bigwull ... for all you know I might be one of 'them', 'they' can hail from anywhere and be called anything ... and then I'd certainly expect an apology.
Very good point! 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 03:26:57 pm »
Indeed it was meant in an anthropological term !!  As opposed to Caucasian !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 03:32:04 pm »
"them"....as in little clay heads...on a clay pot.....

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »
I think it is a very cool piece of art.  Do you think it is 50"s or 60's age wise anyone?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »
Could be or even a little later !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:18:24 pm »
BigWull, I know how you feel about guns, but the crime is mostly metropolitan cities. You read to much media hype. America has plenty serene places.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:44:40 pm »
Very sadly our violence level has risen greatly in the past decade.  Many Americans are deeply concerned about it.  You can't let your children out to play safely any more like when I was young.  There is a large group of us trying to bring peace back to everyday life and I believe we can turn that around.  I am in the coldest northern state and you are not kidding about how cold it gets here in the winter.  brrr.

Well, I am in one of the hottest !!  Texas !!