Author Topic: Age of wood lateral map/blueprint file  (Read 3007 times)

Haleyomorey

• View Profile
Age of wood lateral map/blueprint file
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »
Hi,

This is a piece from my fathers house who was a printer. I find very few of these on eBay or other sites and curious of age. Perhaps I am calling it the wrong name?  A drafting, blueprint wood lateral file in two seperate pieces with an added top. 10 drawer that measures 60" w x 48" d x 32" t.

Thanks, haley

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Age of wood lateral map/blueprint file
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »
could please post the pics the correct way up.....over here on this side of the pond....this is known as a map or blueprint cabinet...or file case....i,d put this at around 1920,s....value...is good.....but may depend on location........
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »
Not sure how many times i've mentioned this but the forum software consistently posts pictures the wrong way. Open this with image software and it's horizontal.

Not the posters fault.

Haleyomorey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »
Thanks, we are in Chicago and I imagine he found them in around town in an old printers or architect building that is now converted to lofts! Idea of value?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »
Not sure how many times i've mentioned this but the forum software consistently posts pictures the wrong way. Open this with image software and it's horizontal.

Not the posters fault.
Mmm...i must just be lucky then....as all my pics arrive here the right way up....as for opening it with image software.....I would,nt know where to begin........
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:41:00 pm by bigwull »

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:19:57 pm »

The bottom thumbnail pic is sideways here but when you click it to enlarge, it goes right side up, also i've noticed it takes forever and a day to load pic's on here now. Something has been wrong in photo section on this site for awhile, will it ever be fixed?

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 05:50:38 pm »
Those "plan / flat" files are expensive to replace. I'm guessing yours might be from the 1950's, and would still be desirable to someone in the profession.
http://www.mayline.com/pricebookpdf/April2013Pricelist/April2013Pricelist00326.html

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 05:53:14 pm »
If posted sideways they stay that way when I click to enlarge !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »
testing......1.2... .this better be the right way up.....  ;D

you,were right jacon,....it took 4mins 36secs for Martha..to get here....only consolation..is she,s pleasant on the eye...and she,s the right way up..... ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:21:47 pm by bigwull »

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:33 am »
Something has been wrong in photo section on this site for awhile, will it ever be fixed?

I sent dontbe a "private message" weeks ago and thought he was going to fix the problem.

Maybe it'll help if you all do the same by clicking the following link and send a PM.

http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=4

Ipcress

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:13 am »
Thanks, we are in Chicago and I imagine he found them in around town in an old printers or architect building that is now converted to lofts! Idea of value?

Retail i expect these are quite expensive. At auction i'd have thought maybe $150-200 ?

Older Regency period ones are classed as antique furniture too and are decorative, like the mid 20th century George Nelson ones.

This looks more functional.

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 03:09:35 am »
I sent dontbe a "private message" weeks ago and thought he was going to fix the problem.

Yeah, well, i dont think you can "fix" the photo problem. There are only 2 moving parts here, the forum software and the host which broadcasts this site on the web. I am betting it's the host.

Apologies to OP for posting off topic

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 06:30:12 am »

Yeah, well, i dont think you can "fix" the photo problem. There are only 2 moving parts here, the forum software and the host which broadcasts this site on the web. I am betting it's the host.

Apologies to OP for posting off topic

I think he said it was the host,, but one thing that will help is if people would take the time to check their pics before loading them here !!  Some of the pics are over the size requirement,, which is posted at the bottom when you click on "additional options" !! That's why we get so many multiple posts I think !! They try to post oversized pics then get tired of waiting, so they click again !!  Doesn`t take but a minute or two to work the pics, make sure they are upright for viewing and resize !!  It would sure be helpful for some of us !! I am not the only one on dial up !!