Author Topic: Bastian Blessing Soda Fountain Question  (Read 5083 times)

fountainguy

• View Profile
Bastian Blessing Soda Fountain Question
« on: September 25, 2013, 10:40:52 am »
I have what I believe to be a 1950's model soda/ice cream fountain made by Bastian Blessing Co. in Chicago.  I know nothing about it and am not sure of the working condition.  I believe all the parts are there.  Can anyone give a rough estimate on the value of this.  It is in relatively good condition.  I have more photos if anyone needs to see them.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all!

icedgold10

• View Profile
Re: Bastian Blessing Soda Fountain Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:20:54 am »
This link will give you an area of value http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bastian-Blessing-circa-1940-ice-cream-fountain-Needs-restore-Compressor-OHIO-/321198926280?hash=item4ac8f2a9c8#ht_399wt_933 .  Difference is his needs a new compressor.  Yours might be worth a little more.  Problem is his didn't sell and the reason why is right time right place.  Finding someone with the need or want for this type item is hit or miss.  If there are any retro resaurants around your area  they would be agreat place to start. Uncle Henrys is another great place .  Problem is with these , they don't fit in a USPS flat rate box.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »
Might be better to go Craigslist on an item like this !! Or ebay with a "pick up only" !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:04:44 am »
Don't know what area you live in.  But in my neck of the woods (where there are quite a few areas where people have more money than they know what to do with) even people are putting these in their homes!

I have always enjoyed this site...maybe you can send them a questions or two and they can advise you.
http://www.vintagecoolstuff.com/

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

fountainguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:00:57 am »
Thanks for taking the time to reply, folks.  KC, I am in SW Missouri...not a whole lot of wealth locally, but I will find someone and they may just get a good deal.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 04:17:41 pm »
I honestly think these are the neatest!  If I was in your area and it was a great price...I would be tempted!  Fun times!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!