Author Topic: Browning "Sweet 16" Shotgun  (Read 9802 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Browning "Sweet 16" Shotgun
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
When the movie "Finding Nemo" came out we owned a boat. After seeing the movie we went fishing with my daughter. We liked to catch flounder at the time. My daughter became traumatized about catching the fish, lol. I was glad to buy the boat and glad to get rid of the boat.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 12:33:47 pm »
When the movie "Finding Nemo" came out we owned a boat. After seeing the movie we went fishing with my daughter. We liked to catch flounder at the time. My daughter became traumatized about catching the fish, lol. I was glad to buy the boat and glad to get rid of the boat.
catching cold blooded flukes is one thing....but totally different from blasting ..warm blooded burdies out of the sky....then maybe breaking a crown ..on a BB.....when you,re chewing on a goose leg.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:30 pm »
Yep, that doesn't sound so pleasant. I tell myself with the meat at the market to not to let the animals die in vein. They are already dead and I don't want it to be for nothing.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that no one has any dislikes or reservations about killing a fish? ;D ;D

I’ve often wondered if that was because fish don’t “cry out” in pain if hooked, stabbed or left to suffocate out of water.

thats what becomes from being a cold blooded animal....but you are correct....there has been a long running debate as to whether fish feel pain or not.....some say yes whilst others say no....I,..try not to think of it when i see a live lobster dropped into a tub of boiling water....i just enjoy eating it.....Please ..if there is a God....don,t let me come back as a lobster.... ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »
I wouldn't want to be a shark either. They chop off their fins and they can't swim, and they die a horrible death. The worst animal can be humans. We are killing machines! We kill each other and animals and the oceans and wildlife. It was different many years ago. We ate to survive. Now we just kill to kill.

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 01:34:39 pm »
Another idea if you want to sell, see what a gun dealer will offer you for it or maybe consign it at his shop for a % of sale. That way you avoid any issues in regards the buyer.

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 01:40:40 pm »
Tell you what, dealers are often a good choice in selling antiques. True you don't get retail but i have sometimes sold a piece of my antique furniture collection to a dealer to make way for another piece or as a way to raise quick cash for a sale coming up.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »
Not 100% sure , as to price (original/as-built) & if the stock has been cut the price/value would decrease , as other member(s) stated .

Market around here does vary quite a bit , but Browning collectors would like to have one in V.good-to-excellent condition .

Firearms are what they are & just like words or automobiles , sometimes it pays to choose wisely who to sell them to ! :D

Nice ole shotgun , debodun & looks like a keeper , for investment &/or trap-shooting !!!

Around here , assuming a few things , one like yours would tend to garner around $800-$900 .... but , at a Vegas gun auction ... who knows .

" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »
A few months back in response to one of PETA`s idiotic rants,, e college student asked "why people killed animals to eat ?? Why didn`t they just buy meat at the grocery store where no animals were killed" ?  These are college students who are that dumb !!
I wonder what they think would happen if no animals were killed in this country for food ??  They think that they, as well as the rest of us, could just become vegetarians if all the animals were just turned loose to roam the countryside and look pretty !!  Okey dokey folks !!  In good Texas farmland and with excellent pasture it takes 1 to 2 acres for a cow and a calf !! Multiply that by all the cows and the calf produced each year !! Doesn`t take a lot of intelligence to figure out that there would be no gardens or crops of any kind in a few years !! Horses take 3 times as much as a cow and lets not even talk about hogs !! You wouldn`t want to either if you had ever seen the total devastation caused by a few of them !!  Same thing goes for all animals !! If hunting and culling wasn`t allowed as well as responsible slaughter and marketing of meat animals,, that diet you said you would start but didn`t,,would come in a much more rapid manner than you want !! No wheat, oats, or grain of any kind, nothing green would be left at all, not even the soybeans to make their vegetarian tofu, no fruit, nothing left at all !! And you can`t fence out a hungry cow !!  They will figure out how to get in if they want to !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »
I wouldn't want to be a shark either. They chop off their fins and they can't swim, and they die a horrible death. The worst animal can be humans. We are killing machines! We kill each other and animals and the oceans and wildlife. It was different many years ago. We ate to survive. Now we just kill to kill.
your not far wrong there....
I love this from the Matrix...

Agent Smith makes a fascinating observation in the Matrix. That humans are like a virus: unlike other mammals who develop an equilibrium with whatever environment they are in, humans multiply and increase and use up resources. Mostly they destroy their environment. Agent Smith goes on to say that the human race is more like a virus than a species of mammals. This was an interesting observation to me. Why is it that God made humans destructive of their environment? I suppose that we weren’t meant to be so originally and that sin kind of messed things up. But it’s interesting that humans are the only creatures that have the potential to totally mess up the environment. I was watching a TED talk (I think it was a TED talk…) where someone mentioned that if you remove any organism from an ecosystem, the ecosystem falls apart. There’s one exception to that rule: human beings. Remove human beings from the ecosystem and the world flourishes

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 02:37:04 pm »
Not as the world is today it wouldn`t !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 02:46:51 pm »
In the not too distant future....there will be no Coos....they,ll all have been eaten...but fear not...there will always be the humble burger.... just not as you know it...... ;D

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/id/signin?ptrt=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23576143

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 05:17:07 am »
humans multiply and increase and use up resources. Mostly they destroy their environment. Agent Smith goes on to say that the human race is more like a virus than a species of mammals.

Maybe their demise was not caused by an asteroid, comet, etc., .... but the fact that the meat-eating dinosaurs kept multiplying until they ate themselves out of existence. And t'was then the wee mammals began their rise to dominance.

And Mart is correct, the urban dwellers love to take a weekend drive into the countryside and watch the deer, etc. meander around and feed in the rural dwellers fields, lawns and gardens. And those urban dwellers loved it so much they defeated a Sunday Hunting Law that was on the ballot. And the residents of Charleston made sure that all deer within the city and its suburbs were protected from any hunting or killing whatsoever.

But then the rural deer population began to explode and many of those deer quickly figured out that the bestest “eatin” was in the city and suburbs of Charleston. Especially all the fine “tastin” shrubbery and greenery around the houses, homes and mansions. Not to mention the fact that the number of vehicle-deer collisions exploded also. Well now, those urbanites didn’t like that crapolla and thus demanded something be done about all those mean ole, bad, destructive deer. So now there is a “SPECIAL” bow-hunting season for deer in and around the City of Charleston.

And, ps, the section of Interstate 79 in WV is one of the highest, … if not the highest, …. deer-kill roadways in the US. And I don’t mean 1 or 2 per week. It’s more like 5 to 10 per day during rut. 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 06:17:33 am »
Must be a great place to own a Recovery Truck...and have a big storage yard...for all of the smashed cars....i once hit a Roe Deer...which ..if you don,t know.... is a relatively small deer, with a body length of 95–135 cm (3.1–4.4 ft), a shoulder height of 65–75 cm (2.1–2.5 ft), and a weight of 15–35 kg (33–77 lb)....and it still wrecked the front of my car....compare that to a Red Deer Stag...that can weigh upwards of 240kg...or 530lbs....now a beast that size can wipe the car and its occupants out.....but the grand daddy of them all ..the Moose....now he can weigh up to 400kg...or 880lbs....I once saw a dead one in Norway...lying beside an equally dead 6 berth Motorhome....ouch!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 07:03:10 am »
Many of the deer/car collisions have the deer through the windshield and in the front seat of the car !! Guess where you wind up !!