Author Topic: Please help me identify this? Mozart  (Read 10371 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Please help me identify this? Mozart
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 06:30:02 pm »
Hmmpf !!!  My cheaters only cost a dollar,,thank you !! ;D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
Mart, I am totally frugal too.  lol  Nothing wrong with that.   Here is a link to more sheet music images.  The ones that uploaded right of course.  http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/icedgold10/library/music

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 04:32:32 am »
Hmmpf !!!  My cheaters only cost a dollar,,thank you !! ;D
well take them back....you were done....i,ve got a few pairs of $400...ones here....i ,ve upgraded....do you want me to send them to you.....just think of all the things you,ll be able to see ,in style...that you can,t see at the moment.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 04:40:20 am »
Sounds like solid advise.  lol 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 04:58:01 am »
Sounds like solid advise.  lol 
with a c perhaps...advice... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 05:59:16 am »
So the man that owns the book store is offering $400 .  I'm still waiting on a couple of other opinions.  One reason is I was looking at the score and it might be hand written (which I forgot to send him a pic of the inside).  I can see impressions on reverse sides and some variances in the page numbers.  I'm posting a pic at what I'm looking at.  I want to make sure I am fully informed before I sell. 

He's offering $400 for the Mozart ? Is it inscribed by anyone at all, any previous owner ?

Looks in good condition but they are not hand written notes / annotations.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 06:41:18 am »

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 06:41:55 am »
So the man that owns the book store is offering $400 .  I'm still waiting on a couple of other opinions.  One reason is I was looking at the score and it might be hand written (which I forgot to send him a pic of the inside).  I can see impressions on reverse sides and some variances in the page numbers.  I'm posting a pic at what I'm looking at.  I want to make sure I am fully informed before I sell. 

He's offering $400 for the Mozart ? Is it inscribed by anyone at all, any previous owner ?

Looks in good condition but they are not hand written notes / annotations.
No inscriptions.   Why?

Ipcress

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:30 am »
I've had books etc before where the value has been enhanced because of who previously owned it.

A first edition of The Impressario recently sold for $4,000. I think $400 for a second is therefore a bit on the cheap side whilst also being a decent offer. It's likely they'll have buyers on their database who'll buy it from them for an immediate profit.
 You could counter them, saying you have interest but would accept slightly less from them if they take other music from you. I'd be surprised if they weren't expecting a counter offer anyway

Or if you're on ebay you could try it there, setting the reserve at about $450.

Much depends on how quickly you need to move the items on, overheads etc when dealing with this type of transaction ( big profit for little outlay )

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 07:04:11 am »
I was figuring that if they offer $400 they know they can sell it for at least $800 with standard markup.  They didn't want any of the others so there is no way I would let it go for $400.  It was that store that you posted the link for.  I am going to put it on Ebay.  I sometimes put daring buy it now prices on just to see what will happen.  I figure there are not alot of these currently being offered.  Worst case is I have to relist it again with a better price.

Ipcress

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 07:13:44 am »
I was figuring that if they offer $400 they know they can sell it for at least $800 with standard markup.  They didn't want any of the others so there is no way I would let it go for $400.  It was that store that you posted the link for.  I am going to put it on Ebay.  I sometimes put daring buy it now prices on just to see what will happen.  I figure there are not alot of these currently being offered.  Worst case is I have to relist it again with a better price.

I wouldn't put a BIN price on. List it for 99 cents or whatever but place a decent reserve on it. You should have masses of interest and then the " fever " of the auction can make people pay more than they'd intended. A BIN price might result in many watchers but fewer bidders

I tell people who want to consign for auction that there are three types of buyer. The guy who wants a bargain, the guy who doesn't mind paying what somethings worth and then the big fish, the people who want it at all costs. You need the first two bidding so the third has to reach deep in his pocket !

Out of interest, how long was it before that website replied ?

Very few of these have been available for auction in recent decades. Chances are some collectors browsing Ebay will only see this once in their lifetime.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 07:20:42 am »
He replied within hours.  I'm thinking there will be some collector that will want it.  You just don't often see these.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:39 am »
You said you paid $40. for the lot ??  There is something to be said about the bird in hand !! 

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »
Yup, $40 for the lot.  I have always felt that way about a bird in the hand in life.  I got an interesting message from someone who knows Mozart well and thinking I want to verify what the dealer told me to be on the safe side. Also, last year my brother turned 50 and a month after his birthday he was walking down a street and had a fatal heart attack.  Since then I have been thinking you never know what tomorrow may bring so instead of always taking the chickadee in the hand I want to reach for the peacock sometimes. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »
When you list it give us a link so we can watch !!