Author Topic: Different Stamps On Bottom Of Plate...  (Read 3083 times)

Kevin_Bones

Different Stamps On Bottom Of Plate...
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
Hello

I am wondering why they would use two different stamps on the bottom of the same kind of plate.
Ex: Here is my plate:

Here is the same plate, on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homespun-Stonecast-TREES-by-CHURCHILL-2-Dinner-Plates-Staffordshire-England-/190832080126?pt=Dinnerware_Serving_Dishes&hash=item2c6e7a74fe

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Different Stamps On Bottom Of Plate...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:29:23 pm »
could you take a pic of the underside of your plate...but this time stand further away so that we can see the entire plate....that ebay plate looks the same...but..i think its deeper than yours
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:31 pm »
The reason is usually because the one on ebay is a re- make of an earlier pattern !! They just updated the stamp sometime between the two !! Not unusual to do that with a popular pattern !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:37 am »
In addition, different distributors sometime required different markings - something unique - so they could say sold "sold exclusively at ___".

That is what help make Tiffany, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, etc.  so popular and establish the higher end markets.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:31:21 pm »
That's true !! Forgot about that !!

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:47:41 am »
Ok thank you very much. Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner BigWull, working lots with it being harvest season down here  ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 01:51:33 pm »
Ok thank you very much. Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner BigWull, working lots with it being harvest season down here  ;D

Wherev is "down here" and what are you harvesting ??

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »
Prince Edward Island, Canada. Harvesting cabbages the last few weeks and finished that field. Started harvesting turnips again last week and will be harvesting until early December

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 02:39:07 pm »
Hard work but well worth the effort!  Love cabbage lots!  Turnips...not as much....wish I did but my mother OD'd us on them (and rutabagas growing up).
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »
I will be planting turnips/rutabaga in the next few weeks !! They are a fall green here !! Could do cabbage too but had plenty last spring !! I love them all !!  With cornbread !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 04:20:57 pm »
Mart, do you eat leftover cornbread and sweet milk?  Just had some.  Grew up eating that as a treat!  :)

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:54:18 am »
I love turnips. Always have. Didn't like them so much when we were in the warehouse trimming them, and the cooler door opened several times. The smell of rotten turnips almost knocked me over!!! I hate cabbages though and I'm glad we are done of those. I am sick of looking at green all the time. Lol  ;D

Mart , your turnips are green? I have never seen green ones before. Only purple.. so far  :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:56:00 am by Kevin_Bones »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 09:48:36 am »
Mart, do you eat leftover cornbread and sweet milk?  Just had some.  Grew up eating that as a treat!  :)

Hubby likes it with sweet milk,, I prefer buttermilk !!  Yes, we do all that country stuff !! If you like buttermilk,, try popcorn in it !! Was a favorite of my Grandads !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 09:55:49 am »
I love turnips. Always have. Didn't like them so much when we were in the warehouse trimming them, and the cooler door opened several times. The smell of rotten turnips almost knocked me over!!! I hate cabbages though and I'm glad we are done of those. I am sick of looking at green all the time. Lol  ;D

Mart , your turnips are green? I have never seen green ones before. Only purple.. so far  :P

Should have phrased that better !!  No, ours are the same purple globe but the tops,,green part are what I was referring to !!  If it grows,, I like it !!  Love vegetables of all kinds !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 09:57:06 am »
I have only seen white/yellow and a reddish color turnip.  Never seen a purple one.  Seen purple potatoes!  Love turnip and mustard greens!

Wow.  I am a popcorn-holic and have never heard of it that way.  Guess I am heading to the stove tonight (I still like it made in a pot on the stove not that microwave stuff.)

I should post a pic of my grandmothers original electric popcorn popper.  Still works and I use it occassionally!