Author Topic: olypic wood burning cook stove  (Read 10546 times)

begonia032

• View Profile
olypic wood burning cook stove
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »
I am wondering if any one can tell me how to authenticate an olympic franklin wood burning cook stove? Some one has told me it may be a replica.

Any help would be appreciated   

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: olypic wood burning cook stove
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:55 am »
we need to see it....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:50:47 am »
Without seeing it i can,t comment....but from my searches...nothing is coming up..about replica,s....what it might be is...its an Olympic Franklin stove....that has been restored and non Olympic parts have been used....but from my way of thinking..if more than 50% of the stove is an original Olympic Franklin....then its not a replica...

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:37:10 am »
Well, fer sure, the name Olympic Franklin .... insures that it is not an original Franklin. ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:58:23 am »
Well, fer sure, the name Olympic Franklin .... insures that it is not an original Franklin. ;D
methinks you,need a pair of Mart,s $2 cheaters....they are not askng if its an original Franklin....they are asking ..is it an original "Olympic Franklin"...too wit..... ;D...just so that you are under no illusions....here,s an Olympic Franklin...and...if you google Franklin woodburner....you will find that "they"...made one ..an .....Olympic 26..too wit... ;D

http://www.goodtimestove.com/franklin-stoves-sold/olympic-franklin-fireplace-antique-stove-detail

begonia032

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 03:29:50 pm »
thank you all, i will post pics today appreciate all help I can get as i know nothing about stoves

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 03:33:25 pm »
thank you all, i will post pics today appreciate all help I can get as i know nothing about stoves

today....well you,d better be quick..as there is only an hour and a half of today  left ;D

begonia032

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 10:38:31 am »
Here are some pics of the stove, I was having a hard time uploading them directly, so I went through photobucket as suggested   http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/begonia032/craigslist008_zps2eb10344.jpg

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 10:40:28 am »
What do you mean some pics of the stove....its 1 pic....as they are all the same....and furthermore there are some on here who will not be able to open this file....I suppose i can do it for you.....or as the Beatles sang..."for the benefit of Mr Kite....there will be a show tonight....the Hendersons will all be there.....late of.....I,ll leave it for Ghopper to finish... ;D..and it opens.....now you can see it Mart....no need to see its Backside.....once you,ve seen one...you,ve seen them all.... ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:44:34 am by bigwull »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 10:47:13 am »

begonia032

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 10:54:07 am »
hope it works this time lol    

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:14:06 am »
You,re right....you,ve got some learning to do...pics are massive...i mean in yer face massive....next time...reduce them a little.....but don,t ask me how to do it.....i don,t have a clue... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:37 am »
Where does it say Olympic Franklin ??  Or does it just say Olympic ??  Olympic stoves were made by Washington Stove Works,, Everett Washington !!  Franklin is usually used in reference to an open face wood burner !!  The company had some legal problems but couldn`t see what it was !! I think it was about the use of "Olympic" in the name but not sure !!  

begonia032

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 11:33:16 am »
At least I finally got them to upload, I will work on issues with the sizes.......... Learning one thing at a time.

I have looked and it does not say franklin anywhere, some one else had said it was a franklin stove. I did find the marking on the inside that says Washington stove works, it has an olympic plate on the top of the stove.
Like I said I have no idea about old stoves.

My husbands father passed away and this was in the kitchen of the  house they have owned since 1952. Just curious if any one knows anything about it.

It is complete and in good condition, I would like to keep it for my house, but his sisters want it sold, just wondering what I should offer them for it?

We have dug out many more things from the barn and other out buildings on the property, but I figured I would start finding out about the big pieces first.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:57 am »
So his sisters have $ signs in their eyes....well..in that case ..its not worth much......how many sisters...what to do is...look on ebay, Craigslist etc...see if any are for sale....or have sold...then pick the lowest priced one.......yeah we have a saying over here..and its no doubt the same over there....vultures gather when someone pops their clogs.....