Author Topic: unknown pic  (Read 6640 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
Re: unknown pic
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 07:41:53 am »
Check this one out...enlarge and look in lower right for signature. To me it looks like SK xxxxx??

Rauville--karma for you....
Big time!   I e mailed an art apprasle (spelling?)  to see how much he thought it was worth. No response yet.  But bless you again for finding her. ;DWell that guy must deal in big time art. He told me little sale, to sell it on e bay. Very rude!. Oh well I just wanted to know the value. But he still didn't have to be like that, :'( almost made me cry  lol

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 07:49:07 am »
don't be disheartened - its all a learning curve - and heck--without knowing who he artist was -- you wouldn't have known a thing about the pic.   Besides, its a lovely pic..

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 08:08:04 am »
don't be disheartened - its all a learning curve - and heck--without knowing who he artist was -- you wouldn't have known a thing about the pic.   Besides, its a lovely pic..
Thank you very much.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:15 am »

DWell that guy must deal in big time art. He told me little sale, to sell it on e bay. Very rude!.

Oh well I just wanted to know the value. But he still didn't have to be like that, :'( almost made me cry  lol

That appraiser had probably never seen or heard of any of her paintings .... and he would even think about telling you that.

Click on the following link and ask that gallery about it or who to contact about it. They just might tell you. ;D ;D 

http://www.upstreampeoplegallery.com/contact/

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 10:15:53 am »

DWell that guy must deal in big time art. He told me little sale, to sell it on e bay. Very rude!.

Oh well I just wanted to know the value. But he still didn't have to be like that, :'( almost made me cry  lol

That appraiser had probably never seen or heard of any of her paintings .... and he would even think about telling you that.

Click on the following link and ask that gallery about it or who to contact about it. They just might tell you. ;D ;D 

http://www.upstreampeoplegallery.com/contact/
It keeps telling me theres a problem with the resourse im looking for. I fill every thing out and submit,then it says it.  I also tried early this morning. But thanks for trying.

Ipcress

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 10:18:32 am »
This type of art sells for very little in the UK. 20th century American artists paintinging in this style seem to be copying Victorian art but adding colours seen more in work by Robert Cottingham and other photorealists. Blues and reds that don't appear in the natural world.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 10:26:10 am »
This type of art sells for very little in the UK. 20th century American artists paintinging in this style seem to be copying Victorian art but adding colours seen more in work by Robert Cottingham and other photorealists. Blues and reds that don't appear in the natural world.
But she had one sale for $850.00. I don't understand. Just wanted to know the value of this one.

Ipcress

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:37 am »
But she had one sale for $850.00. I don't understand. Just wanted to know the value of this one.

Often see $20 items marked up at hundreds of dollars and plenty of examples on the forum. Art is the one area where it can be done most though as it's very subjective.

$20 is a good price to pay though, as i could see this being sold for five times that quite quickly

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 11:51:45 am »

Often see $20 items marked up at hundreds of dollars and plenty of examples on the forum. Art is the one area where it can be done most though as it's very subjective.

$20 is a good price to pay though, as i could see this being sold for five times that quite quickly

Thank you. It is a very nice piece.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 12:58:15 pm »
Beautiful painting.  You actually got a great deal on it.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »
Beautiful painting.  You actually got a great deal on it.
Thank you. I do like it ;D

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »
You honestly say that you have a painting by an "award winning" artist!
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/life/x1656914648/50th-anniversary-Art-in-the-Park-awards-announced

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »
You honestly say that you have a painting by an "award winning" artist!
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/life/x1656914648/50th-anniversary-Art-in-the-Park-awards-announced
WOW  that's cool. Thank you so much for putting that on. Now I know I have something special ;D

Ipcress

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »
She won a few. Found sites with her home and e-mail address but that'll do little to help you with value !

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »
Check this one out...enlarge and look in lower right for signature. To me it looks like SK xxxxx??

http://www.upstreampeoplegallery.com/gallery/view.asp?RN=5023&AN=&XD=11/1/2006
Wow your right. It does say sk asher. Thanks for finding it. How in the world did you do it?  Thank you. ;D
where do you think?....his big Book.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,