Author Topic: Can you please help identify this statue?  (Read 960 times)

johnditrapani

• View Profile
Can you please help identify this statue?
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:05:29 am »
If you can please help identify this statue that would be great. It has the name Bouret on the back and on the base. The name on the base is on a plaque and the name on the back seems to be etched in. I believe it is bronze. It is very heavy. I would say about 30 pounds or so. I looked up the name and others that are close in resemblence are anywhere from $1000 to $3500. It seems to be a boy with roosters to me but I am not sure. Any help would be great as to the name of the piece, the price or year it was made.

Thank,
John

Ipcress

Re: Can you please help identify this statue?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:21 am »
Good quality casting but this is what's referred to as ' after Bouret ' in that's it's not the artists original work, and in this instance not during his lifetime. Probably worth several hundred dollars though i have seen a female companion piece to this.

( the bronze to the side of it looks rather sexual in nature ! )

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Can you please help identify this statue?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:27 pm »
Good quality casting but this is what's referred to as ' after Bouret ' in that's it's not the artists original work, and in this instance not during his lifetime. Probably worth several hundred dollars though i have seen a female companion piece to this.

( the bronze to the side of it looks rather sexual in nature ! )
..rather sexual in nature.....this has to be the Understatement of the year.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
btw....you are no longer the Ip man....you,re Hawkeye.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:34:25 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,