Author Topic: Sharp's super-kreem toffee  (Read 6891 times)

Buddie11

• View Profile
Sharp's super-kreem toffee
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:18:49 pm »
Hi,all just purchased this tin today for 45 bucks. I'm no expert but seems to be in very good condition considering age. My questions are the value on my side of the pond (Canada) and its scarcity, only found one like it online. Bigwull has probably had a few of these in his days. Sorry can only send one sideways pic at a time:)

Buddie11

• View Profile
Re: Sharp's super-kreem toffee
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »
More pics

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »
To listen to  ya..anyone would think that,i,m a toffee muncher...and maybe a fat B to boot.....i,ll have you know...i,ve lost nearly 3st....now..if you were to buy yourself something a bit more luxurious...like... Dark chocolate...with 80% cocoa......then...i would,nt mind you mentioning me....but cream toffee....no thanks....plays havoc with ma false teeth.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
Yup, saw that one coming!! So did I do ok on the tin, it comes from your stomping grounds. You know more than me.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:42:33 am »
Yup, saw that one coming!! So did I do ok on the tin, it comes from your stomping grounds. You know more than me.
It would have been better if it was full  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-ANTIQUE-SHARP-S-SUPER-KREEM-TOFFEE-TIN-in-nice-condition-/290946189751

Afraid Wullie is correct, would have been better had it been full!!!  The condition of yours is amazingly good! 

The ones that command a higher price are painted to resemble the tin being in a bird (parrot) cage!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 12:07:42 pm »
Now what makes a tin command a high price anyways?  Never understood this area.  I have sold some old coffee tins for a decent price but not sure what makes one more interesting to people than an other?

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 12:47:29 pm »
Icedgold I guess it is whatever turns your crank:) for me I like tobacco tins, this one caught my eye for the graphics, Sir Kreemy Knut smoking a cigarette on a candy tin!! You don't see that now of days,even popeye had to quit! And the condition for being almost a hundred years old.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
Over here in the UK....up to the late 60,s/70,s...there was a brand of coffee that had a sign that had been used for nigh on a hundred years....but the company were forced to abandon it...because it was deemed Racist...by the Muslim & Sikh...minority.... the company at first tried to appease them...by...removin g the tray and the cup...but had the servant  remain standing,....but eventually they had to make it look as if the servant and the Highlander soldier were equals...see pics of 1st ..2nd and 3rd pics...We have a clock that has the 2nd pic as the background....we got it in a charity shop for £8..around 2 months ago....and i,ve since refused £45 for it...If some of the original bottles can be found..then they do sell well......don,t know what happened here..with these multiple pics...but as you can see ..now they are equal....

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:07:05 pm by bigwull »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 02:16:56 pm »
This is the clock we have...So Buddie...you like tobacco tins do you....well what do you think of this one...its now 43 years old...and i,ve had it from the day it was done...its Jail art....it started out as a throat lozenge tin...Strepsils,..I covered it in matchsticks...then got a guy who was a very good artist...to draw on the pics..my fav Rock bands....he used felt tip pens...when it was finished..i varnished it....

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 02:33:28 pm »
Cool tin,I like it, King Crimson:)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »
I saw them in Hyde Park in July 1969..I was 19 years old... ;D....and i was out of my tree....on MAD,s...thats mind altering drugs to everyone else....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56rtgtpwKA

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »
Lysergic acid diethylamide, don't eat the brown ones:(:(

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:45 pm »
Purple Haze...was my first.....then came the Black microdots...but...f or me Mescaline.....was the best...I can remember the first time i took it...June 23rd 1971..I was 21 that day,..and i was in Amsterdam...and met some Freaks...in the Vondel Park...and they introduced me to the highs of liquid mescaline...2 drops...one in each eye....instant trip.....and a really pleasant come down..... ;D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 03:34:55 pm »
Bigwull, You are a Hippie!  haha  I knew it!