Author Topic: looking for info on antique ring  (Read 1074 times)

PeggyO

• View Profile
looking for info on antique ring
« on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:06 pm »
Hi! I was told this ring could be very old and possibly worth some money. The only markings on the inside are 825. There is a stone in the middle which I believe may be garnet or topaz. I am unsure if the markings indicate that it is white gold or just low grade silver. Also it looks as if the ring has been previously tested. (barely noticeable, but looks like a small saw mark and possibly sanded..?) color looks the same all the way through. Any info at all would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: looking for info on antique ring
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »
That would be silver not white gold !! Reminds me of German style and I think their silver standard is 825 !!

PeggyO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:23 pm »
Thanks for the info! do you think it would be worth any money?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:58:00 am »
Unless this ring has been made by a top designer...then its value is dependant on the silver content...and possibly the stone...which...doe s,nt look like a garnet..or a ruby....it could be amber...lots of rings on ebay...with prices from 99p..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.Xsilver+ring+with+garnet+&_nkw=silver+ring+with+garnet+&_sacat=0&_from=R40
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,