Author Topic: Grandmother's Weiman Coffee Table  (Read 1324 times)

maurikaross

• View Profile
Grandmother's Weiman Coffee Table
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »
Hello all,
I am so glad there is a forum for me to come to. I recently ended up with my grandmother's Weiman coffee table. I don't know how old it is or what it is worth. I'd like to find out both. Hopefully someone out there knows a thing or two about Weiman furniture. Checking prices on ebay hasn't been too helpful for me. The price range is enormous!

Thanks for the help :)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother's Weiman Coffee Table
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:52:53 pm »
Is the top,marble, or leather...or burr wood inlay...decor around the edge is cane......looks to be from...1920,s...value dependant on location and condition...but from looking at whats on offer, elsewhere...i,d say around $250/300...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »
This is a side table or end table rather than a coffee table !!  Weiman furniture was in business in Rockford, Illinois from 1933 to 1979 when it was bought by Bassett Furniture !! I think your table is 1970`s or so !! Look underneath for style number !!

maurikaross

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:45:34 pm »
Thanks for the help guys.

I think you are right about it being a side table. I vaguely remember that there might be a pair to this table somewhere. Things have been coming out of storage. Illinois makes sense. She lived in Chicago and we are now in California. The top is wood. I don't know enough about wood to know what kind, but the pattern reminds me of walnut. The cane-esque/ bamboo detail is the same wood that the rest of the legs are, it's just carved to replicate it. I don't see any other markings or numbers to age it other than the big WEIMAN. It does look like a sticker must have peeled off years ago.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:55:01 pm »
with the inlaid  top,being wood...its most likely burr walnut..and in all probability it will be a veneer....and Mart is correct in her description ..side table....as for me well.. that,ll teach me to check on dates before opening my mouth before i,d engaged my brain... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,