Author Topic: Bohemia porcelain  (Read 904 times)

Glassman19862009

• View Profile
Bohemia porcelain
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:54:19 am »
Dishes just unpacked from cardboard barrel. Items were wrapped up with 1967 newspaper and not sure of the background story but believe they belonged to my great grandmother on my dad's side. Her son, my grandfather, was a Lt. Colonel in army --WWII. I believe he was involved in logistics. Quite possibly this stuff was sent to US during or after war. From just eyeballing, they look to match up with the Bohemia Ceramic Works through Replacements.com, pattern BOH215. There are 12 full place settings and many serving pieces. Looking for pattern confirmation and perhaps more factory, pattern, shape, artist or anything else that would tighten the story ( or not ). Also, would like your value information or someone's best guess of value and whether better to piece out or sell as full set. I am inclined to keep this set especially if story seems solid. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:55:53 am by Glassman19862009 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Bohemia porcelain
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:22:19 pm »
http://www.collectorscircle.com/bohemian/bohemian_china.html#marks

Your set is impossible to trace,, Read the entire page above to know the complexity of Bohemian Porcelain !!  What you are looking at is not a factory mark The Lion is from the Bohemian Crest and the B around it just stands for Bohemia or Bohemian !! The patterns were rarely named !!  You might email the lady that has the above site and see ifd she has any info about yours !!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Bohemia porcelain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »
I am bumping this up in case Chris or Ipcress knows something,, not sure he saw this when it was posted !!