Author Topic: Is mentioning an ebay listing I have frowned upon?  (Read 4185 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Is mentioning an ebay listing I have frowned upon?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 05:01:33 pm »
That's a common rip off like icedgold10 said !!  A good way to lose the item and your money !!

Check places like home improvement stores, sears, ect for large boxes !!  They get all sizes !! Might let you raid the dumpster or if you know someone that works there,, tell them the dimensions you need !! They can watch as items are unloaded and grab a box for you !! You can cut it down if its a bit oversize !!
Like I said...I,ve done it many times..and its worked out fine....maybe..ther e,s more crooks in a America ;D.
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »
No not here !! Most are based in Nigeria !! Knew one lady that got took in on one of those schemes !!   They have no idea what they are even buying !! I had a cutting horse listed and they emailed constantly !! One asked if his cage came with him !! The deal was they would send a check/money order or whatever  and some extra for my trouble, I would cash the check/money order then they would decide they could not buy the horse and cage and would I wire the funds back to them again,,keeping some for my trouble !! Checks/MO were fake !!
One of the older ladies in my art class fell for a similar scheme !! Took over a year to straighten it out with her bank !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:33 pm »
Someone tried that with me. I played alondg to torture them then called the police and contacted the banks. He would call and my husband would say when the check clears hoping someone would catch him. Forget it! Unless the banks took action. I was worried about people who were not as savvy.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

edweather

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 11:24:37 pm »
Kevin, Basically yes I just started, but this is my second store because I exceeded the monthly listing $ limit on my other store.  God luck, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

FWIW, I just added a shipping cost.  Checked usps and fedex.  fedex was cheapest at about $75.  The thermometer is 90% packed.  Found a great home siding box (about 12' long and narrow, and cut it down to 7') at home depot, and bought a 150' roll of bubble wrap.

Ed

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 03:41:44 pm »
No not here !! Most are based in Nigeria !! Knew one lady that got took in on one of those schemes !!   They have no idea what they are even buying !! I had a cutting horse listed and they emailed constantly !! One asked if his cage came with him !! The deal was they would send a check/money order or whatever  and some extra for my trouble, I would cash the check/money order then they would decide they could not buy the horse and cage and would I wire the funds back to them again,,keeping some for my trouble !! Checks/MO were fake !!
One of the older ladies in my art class fell for a similar scheme !! Took over a year to straighten it out with her bank !!
Nigeria,....Well I never?....you mean to tell me that the American justce system...is sending all your crooks, thieves,& fraudsters to Nigeria..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 07:15:46 pm »
Oh No !!  They have their own crooks and rip-off artists !! A friend from another forum worked for a company that investigates internet fraud !! Every time I got one of those emails I sent her a copy !!  She said most were poor people that hardly spoke English but would type from a pre written script !! That's why they asked so many dumb questions !!  Like asking if a cage came with a 1200lb cutting horse !! Didn`t even want to know anything about the horse itself !!