Author Topic: norman rockwell  (Read 1449 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
norman rockwell
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »
I know he has a lot of pics out. But whats the differene between embroided plus cloth and mattic (spelling again :) )  I bpught one today, just cant tell the difference. I know the embroided I can see a little. I know they are not worth a lot. just wanted to know the difference for the future. I've already check the web and e bay. Thanks for your help if you can.

mart

• View Profile
Re: norman rockwell
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »
And you are wanting to know what this is ?? And what the difference in this and an embroidered piece is ??  Correct ??  The one shown appears to be simply a print on fabric !! If it were an embroidered one you could see and feel the individual stitches making up the picture !! Background fabric would be the same as it is now !! Many times they would take pics on fabric and do the stitching over the picture so they could follow the colors !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:00 am »
And you are wanting to know what this is ?? And what the difference in this and an embroidered piece is ??  Correct ??  The one shown appears to be simply a print on fabric !! If it were an embroidered one you could see and feel the individual stitches making up the picture !! Background fabric would be the same as it is now !! Many times they would take pics on fabric and do the stitching over the picture so they could follow the colors !!
OH I didn't know that.. I don't know anything about him other hes got a pile of prints out there. I told my bf  it looks like it was painted on a potato bag. He thinks im nuts anyway ::)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »
Looks more like kitchen type domestic fabric to me !! They printed these on all kinds of material !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
Looks more like kitchen type domestic fabric to me !! They printed these on all kinds of material !!
thanks for the info. I knew it wasn't worth anything. Just wanted to the difference after I looked it up, it had 2 different materials.