Author Topic: Don Quixote painting signed che  (Read 16932 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Don Quixote painting signed che
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »
LOL !!  Don`t forget 5'1" !!  Would have to go on a diet if I was three feet tall and 112lbs !!  Think I lost a little weight over the summer !! Maybe 108lbs !! I will gain it back when I have to stay inside this winter !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:15 am »
had you been 5ft 2...with eyes o,blue,........and hair a golden yellow,...a figure so neat as quite petite....... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 09:18:51 am »
Well, I used to be a blond !!  Back in my younger days !!  The older I got,,the more the Irish red came out !!  Still has a lot of red amongst the brown and a few gray hairs !! Not many,, but a few popping up !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:16 am »
Well, I used to be a blond !!  Back in my younger days !!  The older I got,,the more the Irish red came out !!  Still has a lot of red amongst the brown and a few gray hairs !! Not many,, but a few popping up !!
And its one of the few things about getting older..that does,nt hurt a bit.... :)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Snadeau

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »
I finally found Che's signature with the accent mark (thanks to a fellow researcher)!  Here it is...

wonderroom

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2020, 06:41:31 pm »
So I am not sure if this thread is monitored anymore but I thought I would bring to light that there is another Don Quixote painting with a Che signature. This one, I acquired about 5 years ago at a Thrift store in Kitchener Ontario Canada. Quite some distance from where the other ones were found. This one is painted on a wooden board, and has a very similar frame to one of the other ones Ive seen here. Another interesting note is this one had a little note written on the back. I believe it is Polish. I have had a few people try to translate but the handwriting has made it difficult. I will attach photos.
Figured I would add another piece to this interesting puzzle of "who is the painter Che?".

wonderroom

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2020, 06:45:14 pm »
Here are the photos

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2020, 04:24:55 am »
wonderroom, that is a neat looking painting, thanks for posting it.

You need to check it out, ….. cause it doesn’t look to be painted by an amateur.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2020, 02:54:16 pm »
Yes this is an old post but glad to have additional information on it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2020, 11:24:53 am »
I agree with cogar's observation that it doesn't look amateurish at all.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Che

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2020, 07:47:17 am »
I have two with this same signature.,  One I bought at a thrift store in St. Pete Florida in 1979 (the three bulls) and the other one online in 2013.  Don Quixote is an oil painting and framed in Glendale NY in the sixties.  The bulls are pencil on cloth with mistakes.  I have found a number of early Che signatures with accents on different documents.  Also there are two known pencil drawings he made.   He was in Miami and Fort Lauderdale in the fifties (he stowed away on a plane) and could have painted then or, in 1955 he was a photographer for the Mexican Gov't at the Pan Am games and he has made many references to being an artist. 
He sold paintings of Asclepius (his letter to his mother) at a stopover on his second motorcycle trip through South America.  Were they his?  I don't know. 

The stretcher on the bulls is made in Mexico.

I have been reading and looking for answers since 1979

Che

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:42 am »
I have my own interpretation of the donkey painting being sold on Ebay by 'dogoodforusnow'  There is an iconic photograph in a lot of books about che of his little sister riding a donkey that allegedly was a family framed photo.  His sister died a young age and had a great effect on che.   I think the star above the donkey is a symbolic tribute to his sister.

Che

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2020, 09:32:29 am »
Sorry ,  I relied on my memory.  the picture of the donkey had che with his sister on the donkey.  the Ebay post is still up.  Just search the words, che guevara donkey painting

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2020, 06:53:56 pm »
I looked at Guevara but didn`t find anything that made me think they were his !!  Will have to look closer !!

ldc3039

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2020, 03:34:44 am »
lol, flea market sellers are often professional dealers dressed in disguise.