Author Topic: 50's Kelvinator fridge  (Read 5221 times)

Buddie11

• View Profile
50's Kelvinator fridge
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »
I know this is not considered an antique,figured someone on here might know a thing or two about this gem. My brother in-law gave this to me,everything works,two missing pcs though. My question is i want to have it professionly painted harley davidson orange.800 bucks! I know these are highly sought after man cave fridges. So my real question is if go through with paint and decide to sell to right buyer do you think i could get a profit? Sorry having trouble posting pic, posting anyway,ill figure it out

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: 50's Kelvinator fridge
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
Without seeing a pic...I will assume its one of those that is tall and has the curved front,...Over here in the UK,..well more in London..they can fetch funny money....but whether a Harley Orange one will..is another matter...it will probably sell in the US...is it like this one
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:28:07 pm »
A lot depends on what is missing !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:11 pm »
To post a pis click on additional options...as for the missing bits...providing they are not from the outside...and do not stop it from working as a fridge...then..ther e is still hope....

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »
No in my opinion it's better than that one. Sorry this is pissing me off with the photo, it's on my iPhone tried to send it from there,won't let me. Tried to send it to my iPad which I am using now,no luck. I can't just take another pic,it's still in his basement. That's why I need the pics don't to move it to many times

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 02:47:42 pm »
Having seen a few for sale, on ebay,and other places...whilst asking prices range from $500..up to $1000...there are no bids...my personal opinion is..unless you have a firm "i will buy it"...for X amount...then spending $800..to have it painted Orange...is a waste of time...unless you think that Orange County Harleys might want it......from experience...not in fridges but in general...having something painted in your fav colour...may be good for you, but not everyone wants a bright orange monolith..standing in their kitchen...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »
I have to agree with Bigwull on this !! No way I would paint it on just a "hope" to sell it !! Market is too soft now for that expense !!  Unless you just have money to blow !!

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 03:44:29 pm »
Sorry I'm a bit computer illiterate to send link:( go to antiquevintageappli ances.com. Item # 51 that's the exact fridge. Mart missing the eggs and bottom compartment on the door

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 03:56:10 pm »
Well your link..is just a link....and i,ve been there and back again,and am still no further forwaed...why don,t you go to your link, right click on the fridge, then when it opens, left click on   save image  then it will be on your pc,..just name the file, then come here, click additional options...and...Hey Presto...we,ll get to see this super dooper...fridge,....that may have been made in my home town...in Scotland...cos thats where Kelvinator,s main UK factory was...

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »
Bigwull I have no problem getting on that site,once there go to ( please click here to view our vintage appliance galleries ) click unrestored fridges,item #51

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »
$800 is a lot of money to put into it.  Make sure you would enjoy it in case you can't sell for a profit for a while.  As Mart said market is very soft right now. 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »
Bigwull I have no problem getting on that site,once there go to ( please click here to view our vintage appliance galleries ) click unrestored fridges,item #51
i like an easy life...but hunting down an unrestored fridge is,nt my idea of fun...especially when...i get there, and can,t find it...why not just bring the pic here..simples...

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 08:44:49 pm »
Icedgold and mart I understand your point,with soft market. Texas,not sure about icedgolds location, but I do live in a province of wealth, lots of people with money here In Alberta

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »
If you think you can sell it in your area,,go for it !! You know your area better than we do !! I looked at the one on the link,,Only bad thing I can think of is ,,it is not a double door !! But that a womans viewpoint !! I have had to defrost those old ones before !! Not fun !!

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »
My new old fridge arrived today and holy s#*t is it heavy,had to get a moving company to pick and deliver, cost me a case of beer, not bad. ( my neighbour). Just thought I would my pics! All in all this is in amazing shape,very minor scratches and no dents. Missing two compartments and two racks! I'm thinking near impossible to find.(if any body could help me with a lead it would be greatly appreciated)