Author Topic: Buyers who don't leave feedback  (Read 3063 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Buyers who don't leave feedback
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »
I sell so few things that it really irks me when a buyer does not leave feedback. Recently I sold a lot of six pairs of riding breeches. They winning bidder had no feedback record. I immediately left positive feedback for her/him, sent a message explaining how important feedback is and asked for the opportunity to make things right if anything was less than perfect. I really wanted the transaction to earn some feedback and I even sent a thank-you gift inside the box, a nice little necklace in a velvet jewelry box. I'm really miffed that the buyer couldn't be bothered.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
Re: Buyers who don't leave feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »
Well, join the party !! Ticks me off too !! I consider it rude !! Often times its the only way we know if the buyer is happy with the purchase !!  Also get PO`d when emails are never responded to !! But more and more its becoming commonplace !! Many sellers have resorted to not leaving feedback till after they receive theirs !! I don`t yet but its a thought !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »
No News is Good news...as they say over here....i,m sure Tales..had your breeches been any thing but perfect or not as described you would have been the first to know...and as for sellers waiting ..before leaving buyers feedback...Well, its not their fault..the fault lies with Ebay...When ebay removed the sellers right to leave neg feedback...this resulted in the situation that now exists...Ebay...fav our buyers..not sellers...Last year i had 189 positive feedback, as a seller and a few as a buyer,...but all it took was one disgruntled buyer,with 0 feedback to tarnish my 100% record,...this buyer emailed me after buying my item...and complained that it was not as described,..and asked me what i intended to do about it,I asked him, "what do you have in mind,"he asked me for a £50 refund,I told him...just return the item and i,ll give you a full refund,....3 days later he sent me a tracking number, for the item that he said he was returning,...i checked the tracking number daily...then on the 4th day when i checked...it said that the package had been delivered,.....but i never received it,...when i checked with the carrier..they told me ..Yes we have delivered it...I asked ..to what address....they told me....but the address they gave me was not my address...this address was 39 miles from me,....same house name, but totally different location,...when i emailed the buyer....his response to me was...LOL!!...and whilst this was going on he had opened a case against me
To cut a very long story short,..Paypal reimbursed him,...deducted money from my account, and....when i eventually got my item back...4 months later...I found that he,d removed various parts of it and replaced them with inferior  parts...I complained to ebay,...and their response was..."the buyer sent you a valid tracking number...therefore you must have received it....end of story, ...Sellers beware...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:05:39 am »
Wow!  Just read your story Wullie!  Some people have all the nerve!  Why I still get amazed at the lengths some people go to and be devious...  They "appeared" legit while being deceitful and robbing you...  Wow!
Thanks for the heads up on this one!

I agree Talesof!  I myself have been remiss in leaving a feedback and finally realized that I hadn't and left it rather late...but left it. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

junkdrunkjones

• View Profile
    • Junk Drunk Jones
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:11 am »
Wow, what a headache! I don't have any selling experience on eBay, as I have been on etsy primarily - and etsy is even worse! They make it difficult for buyers to even figure out how to leave feedback. Sellers can't leave any at all. I slowly eliminated most items in my etsy shop and just sell on a website of my own. I haven't quite decided what the best formula will be for my shop. But it is an absolute shame how rude (and dumb) some customers can be.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:31:47 pm »
Ebay,..removed the sellers right to leave neg feedback....but the buyer can still leave neg...which..is like going into a boxing ring with one hand tied behind your back....that,s why, when i list anything, i have to make sure i,ve covered all the bases,..so that i don,t leave myself open to buyer abuse as i call it...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Classy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:18:00 pm »
When I sell something on eBay I include a business card thanking them for their purchase, a link to my website and also asking them to leave feedback (and I will do the same). Last year I had around 800 sales and probably close to 680 feedback left, which is pretty good.

I set up my eBay account to automatically leave feedback when someone leaves me positive feedbacks, saves you time :)