Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 2574 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:37:03 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Antique-Shop forum family!! Thought we are scattered  across the globe I am Thankful to have found you all at this wonderful place and love  knowing  that you all are just a few clicks of my keyboard away!    ;D

mart

• View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »
Was about to do the same thing Wendy !! 
Hope all my friends both near and far have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Day !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:57:36 pm »
Thanks to all the 'tiquers here for just bein' you & Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »
Happy thanksgiving to all!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 08:40:18 am »
Thanks to all of you for being here.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »
Hope everyone has had a wonderful day!!!!  I cooked alot and, of course, ate too much!  All the kids came home and relatives even came in town!  Thankful for soooo many things and this site and the wonderful friends I have made here!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:31:47 am »
Glad you all had a great time.......but,If there is a God,...please oh please...don,t let me be reincarnated as a Turkey...in America.... :)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:59:00 am »
I love the idea of Thanksgiving. Wish we had it here in the UK.

Hope you all had a wonderful few days.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 07:08:46 am »
We have half of it....Black Friday....Asda..who are owned by Wal-Mart....were advertising their Super Black Friday Sale,...Amazon, Hobbyking...and a whole host of other supermarkets are all doing sales....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 12:01:58 pm »
Ohhhhh, Black Friday!!!  Retailers love it here.  In fact they have started Gray Thursday..and the sales start around 11pm on Thanksgiving!  :(  All for the almighty dollar!

I understand marketing and trying to boost sales...but making employees come in on a day that was established for thanks, togetherness, rest and relaxation....to try and add a little more money in the pocket....

I won't even get going on this.....

Several family members are die hard Black Friday shoppers...but I personally cannot stand the crowds to save very little money.  Depending on what you are shopping for, it can be worthwhile.  But if it is shopping just in general...very little is realized as a consumer.  (The best buys are after Christmas and after New Years.)  AND if there is only a limited amount of a certain item....be prepared that you are likely to be pushed and have some pretty colorful language directed at you to try and get that restricted item.  Over here they start camping out in tents on the sidewalks a couple of days ahead of time for big ticket items (tv's and saving $50).

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 03:10:22 pm »
"The Almighty Dollar....."let me tell you a story"...Once upon a time,................ :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »
I love the idea of Thanksgiving. Wish we had it here in the UK.

Hope you all had a wonderful few days.

You can have it as well as us !! Just pick a day to be thankful for all the good things in life,,any day will do !!  Then you go to the market and spend a fortune on food,,spend the day prior to your Thanksgiving day cooking everything in your kitchen and all you bought,, bake cakes,pies ect till midnight or so then clean all you have messed up,,drop in the bed by 2 am !! Next morning around 5 am you put the pre prepped turkey in the oven and spend the next 6 hours doing all the last minute things like chop the onions, boil eggs, make dressing, english pea and fruit salad, set the table, wipe all the spots off of glassware, make tea and whatever else your bunch likes to drink !!  By that time all your guests should be there and you spend the next two hours eating more than you have in the last 6 months after which you are miserable and so full you literally can`t move !! Pies and cakes have to wait till later because one more bite will put you over the edge so to speak !!  Then there are the sporting events on TV but in my case,,Pawn Stars re-runs will have to do !!  Then even though you are still stuffed from dinner you clean the kitchen yet again !! By that time you are so exhausted you don`t know which end is up so you say the heck with it and go to bed !! Guests can find their own way out !!
Doesn`t it sound like fun ??? But for some strange reason its still one of our most popular holidays second only to Christmas !!  LOL

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:28:05 pm by mart »