Author Topic: Antique Side Table  (Read 2000 times)

trevorsplace

• View Profile
Antique Side Table
« on: November 30, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »
Hello,
I am new to the site and have been spent hours and hours on the internet trying to find information about this table.  I was told it might be Indian and not old.  It appears black with a carved skirt with marquetry perhaps?   Or is it just painted?  It's not the best photo but it's the best I can provide at the time.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I am providing a photo.  I hope you can see it.
Thanks in advance,
Trevor
PS One other feature this table has is there are knobs on the top of the table right above the legs?  Does this characteristic have a name?  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:35:18 pm by trevorsplace »

icedgold10

• View Profile
Re: Antique Side Table
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:48:51 pm »
Can you put a picture up without so many other things with it?  Makes it difficult to look at.  What are the measurements?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:59:24 pm »
As Ice says.a pic of the table without the clutter will help immensely....but from what i can see it looks like an Indian Jali Thakat coffee table...the knobs on the top are  a continuation of the legs,.and i,ve seen them stacked one upon the the other to create a different piece,....does the bottom of the legs have a small hollow....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:06:03 pm »
I can`t see it well either but I think Bigwull has this one !!  Way too short for American table !!

trevorsplace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:27 pm »
Hi everyone.  First of all, thank you for responding.  I feel silly telling you this but I saw the table in a film.  This was the best shot of it.  I tried like crazy to make it clear but I can't.  Don't know the measurements either.  Sorry for the blurry picture.  It's the best I could do.  Have you ever seen the film "Performance" with Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg?  If not, it's worth looking at all the odd set pieces.  Really interesting items.
Thanks again.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:57 pm »
Hi everyone.  First of all, thank you for responding.  I feel silly telling you this but I saw the table in a film.  This was the best shot of it.  I tried like crazy to make it clear but I can't.  Don't know the measurements either.  Sorry for the blurry picture.  It's the best I could do.  Have you ever seen the film "Performance" with Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg?  If not, it's worth looking at all the odd set pieces.  Really interesting items.
Thanks again.
You feel a bit ..".silly"......that would,nt be a first choice of what you should be feeling...... ;D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »
OMG!  Googled it.  Am I old enough to look at that movie? ;D ;D ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »
OMG!  Googled it.  Am I old enough to look at that movie? ;D ;D ;D
..yeah...old rubber lips....could.,nt act to save himself..... ;D.