Author Topic: Help identify wood box/tool  (Read 1438 times)

Silvr6

• View Profile
Help identify wood box/tool
« on: December 06, 2013, 02:15:15 am »
I recently picked this wood box up from Goodwill. I noticed the slotted screws so I figured it was old. On the inside it obviously housed something, it looked like something was attached on the inside. There is also some directions typed onto a paper that is glued to the underside of the lid. From what I get from it, is that it's some kind of compression or leak tester. I've spent hours searching for something similar going off that assumption and have yet to find a single thing that resembles it. So I'm hoping someone might have an idea at what I have here.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Help identify wood box/tool
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:47:58 am »
I would have thought that,....it was  quite obvious..what was in that box....An Airflow Regulator..... :D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Silvr6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:16 pm »
well yes that is what I assume. I just dont know if this is a mass produced piece or if this is something someone put together in their garage and how old

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:53:15 pm »
I'd say that yours was an case for a piece of testing equipment , probably used for testing a compressed-air compressor & associated pressure lines , for pneumatic controls used in commercial buildings (for HVAC systems) .
I'd guess that your little box was made no later than around the 1920's , perhaps one sold by Johnson Controls .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
take my advice....find something...anythin g, that will go into that box,....and tell yourself....Thats, the mystery object....cos...if you don,t, trying to find what might not now exist....will do your nut in.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,