Author Topic: snow!  (Read 33272 times)

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
Re: snow!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:31 pm »
hi bigwull, eloquently said-and humor in the middle.  There is no customer service any longer you have to get nasty--such a shame with such an expensive product,

so what is your weather today

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »
Wendy,

Here are a few Customer Service tricks...complain to the Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Dennis Brazier via certified, return receipt letter. Send a copy to the Minnesota Better Business Bureau. Include copies of all receipts, warranties, and communications. (If possible, always communicate via email instead of by phone, or at least send a 'confirm our phone conversation' email. This gives you not only a name of who you contacted, but also a time and date stamp.)

In the letter, I would include a little bit of sarcasm..."Do you think your company deserves the honor they recently received from the MN-SHARP Program for workplace safety, when you obviously don't care about the safety of your customers as well?" See article at http://www.trfradio.com/2013/07/11/central-boiler-honored/ .

There is also an older issue at this site http://www.pca.state.mn.us/index.php/about-mpca/mpca-news/news-releases-2011/central-boiler-agrees-to-$22000-penalty-is-taking-actions-to-settle-alleged-air-permit-reporting-violations.html .

Did you know that in 2010, they shared over one million dollars with their employees? http://woodsmokenuisance.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/2010-jan-13-mn-greenbush-central-boiler-employees-share-more-than-1-2-million/  Wonder if they still do this?

That's what I found on Yahoo! through page 5.

Also, contact your state's Consumer Protection Agency. They might be able to help.

Good luck!

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »
karma to dogaman--precise perfect information

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »
Thanks, Sugar. Overall, Customer Service quality in this country has gone down. But, from someone who has been in some sort of CSR role for over 10 years, not all companies are the same.  I ALWAYS give a "kudos" call (speak with or leave message for a Supervisor) for any CSR who gives me excellent service.  If we, as customers, start rewarding those who take ownership of our issue and go the extra miles to get us a satisfactory resolution, then MAYBE things will change.

I will get off my soapbox, now.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 03:06:33 pm »
KC your soup looks great! Dogaman great info! Better than standing in the cold! :)
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »
hi bigwull, eloquently said-and humor in the middle.  There is no customer service any longer you have to get nasty--such a shame with such an expensive product,

so what is your weather today
We are having ...very un-seasonal weather at the moment.....last week it was minus 4...but by Friday past..things started to warm up.....and since Saturday...its been on average....12degC.. ..or 53.6F.....which is great.....long may it continue....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »
Thanks, Sugar. Overall, Customer Service quality in this country has gone down. But, from someone who has been in some sort of CSR role for over 10 years, not all companies are the same.  I ALWAYS give a "kudos" call (speak with or leave message for a Supervisor) for any CSR who gives me excellent service.  If we, as customers, start rewarding those who take ownership of our issue and go the extra miles to get us a satisfactory resolution, then MAYBE things will change.

I will get off my soapbox, now.
you might like to send your soapbox to Wendy...looks like she,ll be neeging all the wood she can find......y,know i,m only joking Wendy....well...a wee bit.... ;D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 03:45:25 pm »
Bigwull I have plenty of wood it is a Christmas Miracle with this company I need!!!
Dogaman thank you for the great information !! And yes I believe last year they shared 1.3 million with employees!!  I have been emailing Mr. & Mrs. Brazier every time I call and do not reach the service dept. Along with their VP and several others within the company.  Bigwull my warranty is for 25 years and I have had it for 5. My friend who owned the exact same burner he purchased from the same dealer with the same warranty as me had his fail the same as mine in 3 years they gave him a new outdoor burner at no charge only shipping. They are saying because mine is 2 years older when it failed -  5 years instead of 3 years the only option I have is to pay to ship it both ways and they will repair it labor & materials no charge as the warranty states. My problem is my friend had the same warranty as me but he got a new burner and they did not enforce his warranty but with me they are going to try and enforce this warranty. I asked them to point out where in the warranty it states that if the stove fails after 3 years you get a new stove at no cost but after 5 years the warranty suddenly applies!  And yes I paid Over $12,000.00 for this until new!! For it to fail in 5 years is a huge problem with quality , this company and their craftsmanship!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »
I have no doubt that when you bought this Stove Wendy,part of the appeal was that it had a 25 year warranty,...but now that its went tits up....this "reputable"company,that rewards its employees with you and all its other customers money....are telling you....to basically take a hike....companies who act like this make me seethe...and i,d be wanting to stick Mr Braziers arse....on a "Brazier"....
Avril and I had a situation a couple of years ago,...we were renting a small cottage,...whilst we looked for another house, and we had only been in it 6 months, when the sceptic tank blew its lid....and the shit went everywhere,I went to see the estate manager, to tell him the tank needed emptying....he told me we,d have to pay £156 to have it emptied.....I told him in no uncertain manner....that we would not be paying for it to be emptied, and i went on to tell him, that i,d send him an email with our request, and that if it was,nt emptied within one week....I,d be putting his Lord and Master ...."a real life Lord Dalhousie"..on the front page of a national newspaper,...as "the Landlord from Hell....
the tank was emptied 2 days later.....

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 04:25:28 pm »
Wendy,

Another thought occurred to me. Try to find out if there is a governing body concerning the manufacturing of this furnace.  Remember "UL Listed"? Something like that. Also, you mentioned other complaints. When were they purchased? Close to when you bought yours? The company might have had a bad batch of material that wasn't as 'pure' as industry standards require. (My late husband was a welder, and I know that rust or impurities in the steel sometimes lead to inferior quality of the steel.)

I now had my Sherlock Holmes hat over to Wendy. ;)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »
Sorry, I did not mean to interrupt.

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »
silly frogpatch--who are you talking to?  No one interrupts on a forum board!!

hey I like the toptix talks thanks....

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 06:24:34 pm »
Bigwull, envy you,last Saturday morning it was-37 (-49 windchill) , that's friggen cold!!! Oh ,and we have about 50cms on the ground here in Alberta , can anybody top that?:)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »
my chest freezer...does,nt get that cold....the coldest i,ve ever experienced was -15....and that was only when i jumped into a plunge pool after coming out of a sauna,......and i can tell you...i got out quicker than i went in....... ;D

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
I've been in Alberta for about 15 years, and that's the coldest I can remember . My gas bill is gonna be through the roof:( . We had a week of the -30s brrrr,I'm sure we lost a few homeless!