Author Topic: snow!  (Read 33264 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: snow!
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2013, 07:34:10 am »
Tigers Blood...LOL!!...it was,nt blood that came out of me that day..i can assure you....suffice to say...it was a bit of a pain not having any Toilet tissue at hand.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:47 pm »
Wendy, so felt your pain this weekend.  My boiler stopped working Friday night and called my plumber and he was too busy to come look at it.  Called another guy and he wasn't taking new customers.  Finally called my oil guy for a suggestion and he gave me a guys name.  Called him and he came right over. Thank goodness! It's cold here in the winter and didn't enjoy no heat all weekend.  Darn thermostat died. 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2013, 04:43:33 am »
Wendy, so felt your pain this weekend.  My boiler stopped working Friday night and called my plumber and he was too busy to come look at it.  Called another guy and he wasn't taking new customers.  Finally called my oil guy for a suggestion and he gave me a guys name.  Called him and he came right over. Thank goodness! It's cold here in the winter and didn't enjoy no heat all weekend.  Darn thermostat died. 
Get yerself a wooley Onesie...they are all the rage over here,....they don,t do much for femininity...but they sure keep ya warm...and..if you are a Patriotic soul then this one is for you..... ;D

http://www.onepiece.co.uk/en-gb/womens/jumpsuits/prints/usa-onesie-stars-and-stripes

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:36 am »
That is awesome!  We used to have those when we were kids.  They are so warm.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2013, 05:26:24 am »

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »
Wendy- I am from MN but I have never even heard of the company...after I saw your post I went to the BBB site and this is all I know...

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/manufacturers-and-producers/central-boiler-in-greenbush-mn-17000665

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2013, 05:25:11 am »
Whilst this does,nt help Wendy,...how is it, that with gas,oil being relatively cheap in the US,..people persist in buying woodburning stoves at...over inflated prices with warranties that are not worth the paper they are printed on,..when what they should be buying is an oil fired External Combi boiler,..e.g Worcester,...with outputs ranging from 12kw to 70kw,....the cost over here for a mid range,35kw External oil Combi is £2000..or $3,200,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2013, 06:25:17 am »
You don’t understand, Bigwull.

On this side the pond, when diesel fuel is > $3.00/gallon, ….. we know its costing too d—n much.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2013, 06:31:41 am »
Oil burning boilers don,t use diesel fuel, they burn kerosene,..which is a darn sight cheaper than diesel,over here,...but you say you are paying $3 a gal for diesel..Mmm,thats very cheap,...we pay,around $10+ per gal

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2013, 08:20:21 am »
Oil burning boilers don,t use diesel fuel, they burn kerosene,..which is a darn sight cheaper than diesel,over here,...but you say you are paying $3 a gal for diesel..Mmm,thats very cheap,...we pay,around $10+ per gal

Here at the pump, diesel is about $3.95 / gallon, with gasoline priced about a $1 less per gallon.
We heat with propane, and the last fill was $1.54 / gallon.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2013, 08:35:32 am »
Propane here is approx $5.40 a gal,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2013, 11:44:02 am »

NO, .... I said "when diesel fuel is > (greater than) $3/gallon".

Over here, oil burners use "fuel oil".

"Fuel oil" is diesel fuel ..... but with a "red" dye in it ..... and without the "road tax" added to the selling price.

Kerosene burners over here are called "lamps" and ...... "Kerosene Heaters" (two types)

Wullie, if "fuel oil" burning homeowners across the upper part of the US, from Maine to Montana+ ..... had too pay $10+ per gal for fuel oil ...... a big bunch of them would be freezing to death in the wintertime ... cause they couldn't afford to pay for the oil.

Anyway, burning wood for heat ... to save on heating costs ..... is a BIG iffy question.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »
Over here Cogar..we have 3 types of oil,...1st is White diesel which is for cars and vans,..this is priced at $10+ per gal,.2nd is Red diesel,which is for agricultural vehicles and trucks,this costs $5+ per gal,..and if you get caught using red diesel in your car, you are in deep shit,...a big fine,..and sometimes forfeiture of the car,...3rd there is heating oil,..or kerosne as we call it,..which is priced at approx $5 per gal....but the price can be lower..if you buy more at the one time, i.e. 250 gals at $5 per gal ...but if you buy 500gals then..the cost would drop to $3.50 per gal,...propane is $3,50 approx per gal,.hard wood..logs .are around $160 per ton... .but I can get a big van load of unsold auction furniture..e.g...di ning table/chairs wooden bed ends old oak sideboards etc,..for $80 per ton,....at the moment i,ve got some furniture,that if i were to show pics on here...it would make Mart & KC and the like...cringe...wit h envy... ;D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2013, 08:11:43 pm »

NO, .... I said "when diesel fuel is > (greater than) $3/gallon".

Over here, oil burners use "fuel oil".

"Fuel oil" is diesel fuel ..... but with a "red" dye in it ..... and without the "road tax" added to the selling price.

Kerosene burners over here are called "lamps" and ...... "Kerosene Heaters" (two types)

Wullie, if "fuel oil" burning homeowners across the upper part of the US, from Maine to Montana+ ..... had too pay $10+ per gal for fuel oil ...... a big bunch of them would be freezing to death in the wintertime ... cause they couldn't afford to pay for the oil.

Anyway, burning wood for heat ... to save on heating costs ..... is a BIG iffy question.
You are not kidding if oil went that high here we would be freezing.  As it is now the elderly struggle to have heat.  We spend billions on war but don't keep the people who grew this country warm.  So sad!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2013, 10:52:13 pm »
Maybe if some of the free loaders who take advantage of our good country would get jobs we could do more for the people who need it! Your better off being on welfare today then working! Your penalized for working hard today! The disability term has taken on a whole new meaning. There is a man who has cerebral palsy who works everyday at city hall. He doesn't consider himself disabled,  but someone who milks an injury can be on diabilty forever. The waste is what hurts our elderly. We give SSI to everyone even if they haven't paid in. I could go on all day. Pensions we pay 80% of that we can't afford for government officals who voted for it for themselves and they are millionaires. We pay their medical too. How much can the middle class pay for. I volunteer helping people find their way for themselves.
 But some people just want things for nothing.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."