Author Topic: snow!  (Read 33281 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: snow!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 07:15:15 pm »
my gas bill for the last quarter,.....bearing in mind we only have a gas cooker and a gas fire,....was £38 for 13 weeks,....we have a woodburner...as you all know....but even that has,nt been on everyday......the temp as i write is 7.5deg C...or 45.5f,...which is probably quite warm for you..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 07:18:01 pm »
Wendy, contact the Attorney General in the state you purchased from.  You want consumer complaints division.  You can usually do it online.  I promise you when they get a call from them they will jump!  Done this before and always a happy ending.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 07:21:10 pm »
These days of constant below zero temps are hard both on the bank balance and one's mental balance, that's for sure! :( >:(

(Wendy; I would think the least you should expect is for the company to pay for a certified welder to come out and do the necessary repairs / modifications. Good Luck!)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
I had a friend who had a problem with a product. She made a huge sign an picketed outside of the establishment.  That might get their attention!

We did the same thing with a new Chevy truck that was a lemon !! Local dealer wouldn`t do anything, we had it in the shop at the dealers more in than out !! Chevy knew of the problem but no way to fix it !!  So I painted a sign,,a large one,,that we taped to each side of the truck And parked in on the side of the road leading to the dealership Just across from the main entrance !! Hubby locked it and left with a friend !! It said "This (model year inserted) truck is a lemon Bought from (name of dealership) !!  First call we got,, they were going to remove signs and have truck towed !!  Hubby told them they did not own the spot where the truck was parked and if they so much as touched his truck,, he would have them jailed !!  And he would have !!  About an hour later we got a call from the owner of the dealership,, who btw was our local state representative !!  He said,, Mr H,, what would you like us to do !!  Next day we got a call from GM !! They bought the truck back !!  Some times you just have to get their attention to get anything done !! 
Wendy,, I would beat a path to radio stations as well as any newspaper that has consumer complaints,, most all do between your house and their home office !! Local TV stations like this stuff too !! Just do one good letter,make a bunch of copies and send it to everyone you can think of, If there is a local dealer, forward a copy to them along with a list of the newspapers ect you sent it to !! Its not enough to do it,, they have to know you are doing it !!  That might get the local dealer on the ball and he might replace it at no cost just to stop the media blitz !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 05:47:39 am »
[Wendy said]…… so I  emailed  the 12 on my list every hour on the hour. My list has now grown so more can now be emailed.

Wendy, I hope that you have included your “list of names” on each and very E-mail that you send and denoted it as being the recipients of “carbon copies” of said E-mail.

That way everyone knows who all has been “informed about your problem” ….. and no one can claim ignorance or the excuse of not being informed.

And I might suggest that your increase your “list of names” to include a few competing vendors/manufacturers of similar heating units. Such E-mail testimonies makes for GREAT advertising for their own products.

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:01 am »
lots of great ideas--now for your christmas miracle...I am sure everyone will be waiting to hear..

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 10:12:09 am »
Thank you all so much!!  Such a Brilliant idea Cogar To include competing vendors & manufactures of Central Boiler to tell my story would make great advertising for those companies who want to have / take business away from Central Boiler company! You all are Brilliant!! Sugar I am waiting for Central Boiler to give me my Christmas miracle I pray they do the right thing for me & my family!  I will keep you all posted and hope I need not resort to the wonderful advice from you all!  The ball is in their court

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 04:42:40 pm »
12 days to go, and its was 16deg C....or 60F in Scotland last night....today was a balmy 12C..or 53.6F....long may it continue....questio n for Wendy...why do you need to have the woodburning boiler outside....and not inside the house....the way it is over here........

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »
Wendy, just an FYI…….they have a Facebook page!   ;)

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 03:22:51 am »
question for Wendy...why do you need to have the woodburning boiler outside....and not inside the house....the way it is over here........

Bigwull, the primary reason is ...... "the cost and ease of installation" for an auxillary cord wood or pellet burning heating unit.

They are an "all-in-one" firebox, flue, chimney and heat exchanger that are "connection ready" for attachment to the currently "in-place" home heating unit. Like so .........

http://woodstoves.net/profab/empyre250.htm   

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 05:25:00 am »
over here we fit in house...and most big stoves/boilers are dual purpose,i.e. cooking and central heating,....

found this..and it heats 10 radiators...£10,000 new....this one for £1500...weighs half a ton....so that rules out posting it to Wendy...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AGA-Solid-Fuel-in-British-Racing-Green-with-boiler-/121231781753?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Ovens_Hobs_Cookers&hash=item1c39fa2f79

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 08:40:39 am »
over here we fit in house...and most big stoves/boilers are dual purpose,i.e. cooking and central heating,....

And the other good reason for having an outside wood burner is Home Insurance! The insurance companies are difficult to deal with if your house burns down due to an inside wood burning stove that you may have installed without notifying them. And once you do let them know you are heating with a wood burner inside, they will either raise your premium or drop you completely.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 08:42:59 am »
Maybe over there every house that is built ….. is built with a fire-burning chimney.

Over here, most every house that has been built in the past 60+ years was not built with a fire-burning chimney unless the original construction included a fireplace. Unless total electric heating, they were constructed with small flue pipe chimneys to exhaust oil or NG fired heating units.

Thus, over here, to fit wood-burning stove/boiler or stove/forced-air-unit in house …… construction cost$ will be like 2+- times the cost$ of the stove/boiler.

MarySmith

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »

And the other good reason for having an outside wood burner is Home Insurance! The insurance companies are difficult to deal with if your house burns down due to an inside wood burning stove that you may have installed without notifying them. And once you do let them know you are heating with a wood burner inside, they will either raise your premium or drop you completely.
Not over here Rauville...when we got this house last year, there were 4 open fireplaces,..1 in the front room,1 in the back room..and 1 in each bedroom....the fireplace in the back room heats the domestic hot water,....our insurance is no higher than what it was in our last house....and we only had 2 open fires in that one....