Author Topic: BJ Cooke;s and Sons of Phila Grandfathers Clock  (Read 2424 times)

kksi

• View Profile
BJ Cooke;s and Sons of Phila Grandfathers Clock
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
I inherited a grandfathers clock by the above company and am looking for a ball park estimate of value. It has 4 tubes which chime every quarter hour. Here is a picture of the face.

Thank you for your help.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: BJ Cooke;s and Sons of Phila Grandfathers Clock
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »
does the top part move..i.e. moon etc....a pic or two of the whole clock would be nice....G,clocks have went down a bit in price....but looking at this one from what i can see its in very good cond,...it would appear the BJ Cooke...may not be the makers...they i think were just the retailers of Clocks etc...can you check it all over for a makers mark...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »
Yes please,, can we see the entire clock !! Also a close up of the face and the name !! The maker of the movement may be on back of the clockworks !! Whoever made the movement didn`t usually make the case !!

kksi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »
Thanks for your reply. The name BJ Cooke;s and Sons was found on the face of the clock just under the 6. I will be at my parents house next week to see if there is any other manufacturer's markings. Here is another picture of the clock if it helps and yes..the moon face does move.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 04:13:10 pm »
Excellent !! Look on the back of the movement for clock makers name if there is one !!

Ipcress

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:59 pm »
http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getLotInfo&lotref=DEAA24B944&seq=34

Would need to see more of yours for a value comparison