Author Topic: nazi uniform patch  (Read 5386 times)

Ipcress

Re: nazi uniform patch
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »
For that price i think the expert knew what he was selling and hasn't tried to con you

Glad to hear you didn't pay much for it.

jweams

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »
Yeah I plan to tell the guy when I go back again as I go to this market often.  He seems legit from all the stuff he had.  A friend bought a german wedding edition of mein kampf. ... curious about that now. ...

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
I can say from experience ..with having lived in Germany...that when it comes to any piece of German memorabilia that has the Hakenkreuz..or Swastika on it...is a big No No, in Germany...and any market that i,ve been to in Germany, if the swastika is on the item..its akways covered ..usually with a yellow/red round paper sticker.....its a bit like hear no evil,see no evil,speak no evil,...they know its there but as long as they don,t see it..its ok,..I can rmember going to Rc model aircraft  fair in Speyer,..and when it came to judging the models it was done behind closed doors,... because, in order to have an authentic scale model  German WW11 plane, it must have the Swastika on the tail fin,...and after the judgiing was over the models were put on public display...and every model had the swastika covered ..

I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »
I have dealt some in WW2 war items and this doesn't look real at all.  Write to this man https://www.facebook.com/rathbonemuseum  His name is Todd and is an expert on WW2 if you want further information or another opinion.  I just sold a Luftwaffe Shirt Emblem and Ipcress is right about the stitching.

jweams

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 02:14:57 am »
Thank you for the extra info.  I do believe this patch isn't real and I'm ok with that I'm no where near a collector of this kind of thing I in fact knew nothing about the patch just stood out to me so I got it. I usually stick to tables mirrors and glass. Yes it is taboo to have this kind of thing in Germany and that's why I said I was suprised there is enough interest at least over here to have knock offs.  I bought this in Belgium I know it would not even be allowed to be sold in Germany.  Thank you all for your help.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 08:43:37 am »
One of my good old friends who I have lunch with is a Veteran and was serving in Germany during the Spring of 1945. Part of their job was to purge anything military or firearm related from the local citizenry. My friend tells me that the streets would be littered with discarded uniforms, weapons, etc. that would be pushed into a pile and doused with fuel and set on fire. If the uniforms were still being worn, the patches and insignias were ripped off and thrown on the heap and destroyed.
He also tells me about the recovered souvenirs that were sent home by the GI’s. He himself found a fancy piece of luggage that contained a Imperial German officers uniform, complete with medals and decorations. One of the decorations from his description (blue enamel cross) almost sounds like it could have been a rare “Blue Max” cross. He mailed the whole thing home, but went on to say; “If the mail clerks saw something interesting, they would just put their own address label on the package and send it to their house”. It’s a shame, but that’s what happened in this case.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:23:10 am by Rauville »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 12:01:15 pm »
:(
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 09:11:53 am »
This is an authetic one.